equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gannon

Reaction score
i just brewed my first beer recently( its still in the primary). any way i recently acquired a 60 qt aluminum pot. so i was wondering if i could steep my grain in 3gal water in my 22 qt stainless(since it will fit on my stove top) then transfer to the aluminum pot, add malt extract and water to make 6 gal. my goal is to have a full boil and not a partial. any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.:drunk:

Should be no problem at all. Just that simple. Just make sure your water addition is sterile. I'd boil it the night before in a pot and cover it with saran wrap or Al foil or just a lid. If it's really cold water it would contribute to a great col break which will be helpful in precipitating out all the protein material.. chill haze junk.

Sounds like he is just steeping on the stove and boiling the full volume. So no worries about the water being sterile if you're boiling it all.

thanks for the input. i just figured its easier to get the correct temp on my stove and boil on my burner. especially since i cant boil 5-6 gal of wort on my stove.

Latest posts

Back