Yet Another Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StandEight

Reaction score
I"ll make sure and update this with the exact specs of the freezer so everyone has a reference point. From what I've laid out it should hold 5 corny kegs. One on the shelf (with some modification) and four on the base of the unit. Here are some pictures of the build.

Still a work in progress ....

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

The modified lid to fit the 5th keg on the shelf. I had to take out the plastic enclosing and scrape out some of the foam.

IMG_0545.jpg

2X6 Collar which will allow just enough height for the 5th keg and just enough clearance under the bar.

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Here is the final build of the keezer without any insulation or caulking yet. It has a 6 bank Co2 distributor hooked up to a 20# tank. The tubing you see is 1 1/2 inch pool hose that houses the three beer lines going from from the draft tower. That hose is enclosed in yet another 2 1/2 inch shop vac hose.

IMG_0576.jpg

The following is the fan setup that blows cold air up the 1 1/2 inch hose to keep the beer lines around the same temperature of the keezer itself. I used a duel intake / blower fan from an old Dell server. To power it I found an old cell phone charger and spliced the cables together, which was much easier than having to convert the power some other way.

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

I'll continue this thread with the final touches when the insulation is added.

Cheers,
Brad

What's the length of the line run to the taps? From everything I've been told, you'll get excessive foaming with anything other than glycol.

I'm running lines from a basement crawl space up to a liquor cabinet and haven't totally decided on my line cooling yet. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on your build to see whether the fan cooled line works for you.

I'm running 13' of line. Only about 3 1/2' of that is outside of the keezer. I saw a couple of charts online that mentioned equaling the amount of line to your PSI setting.

At the current setting I get 0 additional foaming from the lines. It's kept cool enough so the temperature difference is negligible.

It's possible that I may have to take some of the line down. Maybe a couple feet.

Cheers,
Brad

Latest posts

Back