Good Hop Growing/Care Guides?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
Are there any hop growing/care guides that are either available online or in book form? I know that Fresh Hops has some nice information on their site, but I find it a little lacking in some of the smaller details. I'm hoping my rhizomes come in the mail soon and I'd like to take good care of them when they arrive.

(Got my hops from DIY...you know, the one with the free shipping...hope they come before they dry out and die!)

I like Homebrewers Garden more than Homegrown Hops but, they are both good books.

Trouble is, there really isn't a lot of detailed material regarding growing hops to the amateur gardener. And even finding info regarding commercial scale growing is limited.

Beyond that, just about any supplier of rhisomes has their version of the basic care and feeding guide for hops. and they all say basically the same thing. Freshops at least has some images for comparison.

Back