So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be bottling my amber ale and then starting a Cologne Kolsch extract kit on Sunday or Monday (MLK Holiday, we get the day off!).

I will be trying my first all-grain biab as well this weekend. Either a Irish Red Ale or Centennial Blonde Ale, whichever one is cheaper when I go to the grain store tomorrow. Also if I can find room :D

I have a Irish Stout in it's secondary phase in a carboy, and a Bucket of Pino Grisio still fermenting in a bucket right now, which I will be transfering to a carboy this week. I need a place to put a 3rd bucket this weekend.

I just bought all of my grain and hops, so will be doing it this week, or this weekend, to make the Irish Red Ale :)

I put a 5 gallon batch of American Amber Ale in the fermenter today. I wanted to use up bits and pieces of various grains I had sitting around.
I have six cases of beer I have to wait to drink :( Oh well, at least everything won't be be green at the same time.

The time has come to brew a Lager. Debating between a Optimator or Celebrator clone.

Brewing a Dogfish Head 60 minute clone in anticipation of it becoming my first beer on tap for my kegerator. That, of course, requires me to complete the construction of said kegerator.

I'm kind of thinking about doing (my first!) brew day on Thursday. My fiancée will be here that day, so I can make her help. An extra set of hands will be good, I think. However, it's supposed to be cold and rainy, so I may wait until next weekend.

Bottling my first brew (sierra nevada pale ale clone) and brewing the brewers best psa ipa. Gotta love 3-day weekends!

If I boil 5.5 gallons for a 5 gallon batch (and then top off if needed) how greatly will that increase the intended recipe IBUs if the recipe calls for only a 2.5 gallon boil (followed by adding 2.5 more post boil) ?

A Dead Guy Ale kit that my bride gave me for Christmas.

Also finishing up two projects: Stir plate and a wort chiller.

I'll be brewing my first batch since college...in the '80's. ;-)

Kids bought me equipment for Christmas, and I've been studying harder than I ever did in college. Ready to go for an American Pale Ale. Wish me luck.

Cheers!

Not brewing, but I'll be bottling my Hefeweizen, racking my Kolsch to secondary for "lagering" (holding at 40 in a swamp cooler for a month or so), and might bottle my SMaSH, might give it until mid next week.

Knocking off work early on Friday to brew a session Blonde Ale. Needed to get the pipeline going to fill up the kegs enjoyed during the holidays and it will be too cold to brew later in the weekend.

Stepping up to BIAB all grain this weekend with a Cascade Pale SMaSH. High temps in the low 20s cant slow me down!

SNPA Clone split batch with 1056 and the unibroue strain.
first brew in over a year, and first brew on the new system.

Its looking like I will brew a Chinook/Cascade IPA this weekend. Its my first IPA and my first batch of the year.

hells bells, yo! I'm brewing right now! 10 gallons of NB Petite Saison d'Ete. gonna split it. 1/2 with the Wyeast 3711, 1/2 with WLP565. I love comparing yeasts.

Billy-Klubb said:
hells bells, yo! I'm brewing right now! 10 gallons of NB Petite Saison d'Ete. gonna split it. 1/2 with the Wyeast 3711, 1/2 with WLP565. I love comparing yeasts.

Post results? I'm a huge 3711 fan but am looking for a lil more funk!

Taking my first crack at a California Common. Now that its winter, the basement is cold enough to give this a try.

Belgian Dark Strong on Monday, it's going to spend atleast a month on 2lbs of dried cherries in secondary. Patience is my 2013 New Year's resolution......

Hoping to do 10 gallons of a red IPA (red from just a small addition of Roasted Barley), split and ferment half with a belgian golden ale yeast rescued from North Coast Pranqster and the other with WLP090 (SD Super Yeast). Finally, I will dry hop both after splitting the WLP090 and add grapefruit peel to the dry hop on half of that. Should have three pretty different and very drinkable brews.

Tasted Grapefruit Sculpin at Ballast Point yesterday and thought it was a big winner!

Brewing a chocolate stout and a hoppy hefeweizen tomorrow. Currently racking 2 gals of a berliner weisse into seperate one gal jugs to age on kiwi and mango. It's my wife's fav style and this will be one of my presents to thank her for birthing our first baby!

We are, and will be brewing a Amber ale, Wife's first time being the brewmaster instead of assisting, it will be fun to help her on her first brew day.

Cheers :mug:

Brewing my house Redlight Ale which is a basic American Amber but tops off at the high end of IBU's and ABV.

I got to go coach a HS basketball game at 1 but grains are crushed, water is collected, equipment set to go, 6 pack of Founders Centennial is nice and chilled.

Back