what does SWMBO mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, c'mon guys!!!

Another fun time ruined.
This is one of those classic threads that has been getting killed before it's born lately.
There should be a memo passed out when you join.
"Do not tell new guys what swmbo means, it's part of the new guy fun".

lol.... if you want I'll get real drunk and forget what it was so I can ask again.... lol

When I first noticed the acronym I too fell into the WTF does that mean catagory.

I wanted to ask, but the challenge of finding out the hard way was more challenging.

Anyhow glad to see that most newcomers struggle with this "WTF Does that mean" Ultimate question.

:mug:

But SWMBO is actually a fairly common term on the net. I've seen it used for years in other forums.

But SWMBO is actually a fairly common term on the net. I've seen it used for years in other forums.

agreed i actually heard it in a conversation before ever seeing it online.
online acronyms are odd. i was thrown off with the whole FTW or FTL

Yeah the thread needs an edit, then we can have fun :) Next we'll be telling what EAC means without making them search! (It is much more rewarding to find that thread and read through it than be told what EAC is)

Yeah the thread needs an edit, then we can have fun :) Next we'll be telling what EAC means without making them search! (It is much more rewarding to find that thread and read through it than be told what EAC is)

That thread is great, but it was moved into a forum that can only be read by paying members. It makes it extra aggravating for the new members, though, so that's fun.

Some say it is "she who must be obeyed" but I've also heard it used as "****, where's my baby orangutan?!"

The answer is in a thread that only premium or lifetime members can see titled "What happened to this brew?!" I think it's a marketing ploy to get us noobs to pony up for a premium membership (half joking of course).

I found the "Handy Acronyms" thread that mentions it, but can't find the meaning. There is actually one post that says "EAC, don't even ask, we won't tell you" I came across that when I goggled it.

Probably right on paying and I'm ok with that since I plan to upgrade anyway. Just not right now!

And elitist and elephant are 2 different things.

sh!+, why's my butt orange?

rumpole of the bailey said that after leaning against a newly painted double-decker to catch his breath.

I believe that it was season 2 episode 6.

I've spent alot of time in alot of different forums for alot of years and this is only the 2nd place I've came across that uses it as " She Who Must Be Obeyed".
The most common use I have seen it used for is "Son Wife Mother Brother Other" and pretty much an easier way if saying whoever is helping you do whatever. We don't need to know its your sisters first husband now married to you niece twice removed.

Maybe some people should step up and wear the pants in the family around here.:rockin:

Just sayin:D

Latest posts

Back