Anyone have Experience with this guys lauter tuns?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of cash for 2 5 gallon coolers. That being said, his feedback is impeccable, compared to the number of sales.

It's not a bad deal based on how many parts go into it. However- you only really need that much stuff if you're going to be fly sparging. On top of that, you're only getting 5-gallon coolers, which is going to limit your OG to about 1.068 for a 5-gallon batch. If both of those limitations work for you, it's a decent deal.

If they don't, I'd build your own 10-gallon MLT using the instructions here. The parts list is VERY detailed and it is not tough at all. You'll end up spending about the same amount of money, and end up with a setup that will scale much better.

That's a lot of cash for 2 5 gallon coolers. That being said, his feedback is impeccable, compared to the number of sales.

It's not a bad price for a HLT and MLT for someone who doesn't want to make their own. Wen you add up the parts cost, it comes out to a pretty slim margin for the guy making it.

The seller also mentions a 60qt version for $189.99 at the bottom of the page. For the OP, that would be the better way to go IMO. It gives you the option to go to 10 gallon batches, or do really high gravity 5-gallon batches.

NO way, that's alot for 5 gallon coolers. If they were 10gal coolers maybe , if you didnt want to do it yourself. Seriously though just build it yourself and get the 10 gal coolers. You will definately not regret it and save yourself over $60 and end up with larger coolers.

+1 to Macruver. You dont need the hot liquor tank unless you are going to fly sparge.

It's not a bad price for a HLT and MLT for someone who doesn't want to make their own. Wen you add up the parts cost, it comes out to a pretty slim margin for the guy making it.

I see 2 $20 coolers, and a bunch of plastic parts, minus the braid. He can't have any more than $25-30 in parts, add $20 for shipping and he's under $100 for the set.

I mean who can't put a ball valve and braid in a cooler? For $150 you could have a nice big square cooler (or round) and a decent aluminum pot. That's what i'm talking about.:D

Back