Beers from Bells Brewing provided by foppa78

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First off than you for the great beers!
Today I tried the amber and the two hearted. Both fantastic beers. I can see why you wanted me to try them.
The amber had a wonderful malt flavor with just a hint of hop bitterness. A very smooth easy to drink beer. The malt flavor was fantastic and I must say, this is my kind of beer. Wow! Thank you!
Now for the two hearted. I'm assuming this is a pale ale. The hop nose is simply wonderful. It isn't overpowering but is quite pleasant to me. This is another easy drinking beer that has a bit more assertive bitterness but not over done. A nice malt presence rounds out this well made beer.
I'd definitely have another of each of those beers. Now I understand why Bells is such a highly regarded brewery!

More to follow!:mug:

Bell's Amber is my favorite "goto" beesr when I want something other than my own...I like it so much that I've come up with a decent clone....It's a little darker than the original, but the taste is spot on...

Glad you liked some of the best that my state has to offer!!!

Awesome!
I am glad that you enjoyed them Rich. I am sure you will like the other two even more.
Of the four that I sent my two favorites are the two hearted and the third coast old ale.
Keep us posted.

Bell's Two Hearted is actually my favorite "go to" beer. The cool thing? You just found yourself liking a(nother) IPA! You're turning into a hophead, Richbrewer!

I had the amber on tap a couple of days ago. It's a very nice beer, too.

Ah there is a bar in Buffalo that smuggles Bells in. I love bells but I can only get it at one bar in this area. Damn distribution regs.!~!

OK, tonight I'm trying the Third Coast Old Ale and the Expedition Stout.

All I can say about the Third Coast is WOW! This is a very big intense beer! Apparently there is a bit of alcohol in it! I'm already feeling it after one glass! This beer is intensely malty and aggressively hopped, The malt is simply wonderful and it is balanced by an assertive hoppiness that stays with you through the finish. I'm thinking this is a sipping beer and not a beer to be consumed real fast (Like I just did!)

Now for the Expedition Stout. This is a very nice, clean well made stout. I can't compair it to anything because I don't drink a lot of stouts but this is a good beer! The head on this beer is huge. So huge I think I'm just a bit envious! :D It stayed with the beer through the entire glass. Wow, the more I drink the more I can appreciate how clean this beer is. Nice and roasty with plenty of malt. Oh my... this will be a nice beer on a cold winter night as your are cuddled up with your SWMBO or HWMO next to the fire place.
LOL I can see this ale leading to wonderful winter nights and even babies!

I'll say it again, thank you so much for the great beers from Bells foppa78! I have to say that my favorite is the two hearted. They were all outstanding beers but the two hearted stood out among them. Maybe I WILL become a hop head some day!
Oh my freaking gosh! I just opened the Bells web site and I have discovered that both of these beers are 10.2% ABV! No wonder I'm more than 1/2 way to $hit faced! Good thing there aren't any ladies here to take advantage of me! Oh wait, I meant Too bad there AREN'T any ladies here to take advantage of me! Maybe next time!:mug:

Ah there is a bar in Buffalo that smuggles Bells in. I love bells but I can only get it at one bar in this area. Damn distribution regs.!~!

Tell me about it! I'm less than three hours from the brewery -- in what was their largest market -- and can't get it b/c their IL distributor screwed them. And Two Hearted was my go-to commercial brew.

Gonna have to run for the (WI or IN) border soon!

I am very glad that you also enjoyed round 2 of your Bells beers. Bells just kicks ass. I drink a lot of the two hearted and don't want to think about not being able to get it. I am looking forward to trying that Stone Ruination sometime this weekend. I had a lot of fun doing this swap. Just say the word and we will do it again.

Back