No Bubbles??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cemerikic

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch of True Brew Belgian ale on Sunday. Everything looked perfect. Today (Tuesday) I noticed that there is no more CO2 escaping through air lock. Should I be worried?

Nope. It will be fine. No bubbles doesn't indicate no fermentation. Let it sit for a few weeks and then bottle.

So, when did it start bubbling? Sometime Sunday night? Can you make a guess as to how many hours it was bubbling?

That kit shows Fermentis T-58 yeast 59-68 deg F. How are temps?

You don't need to worry. It is very likely fine. There could be a leak in the lid or the airlock seal. If you shine a bright LED light down on the top edge of the lid, you should be able see some krausen fluff shadows inside the bucket near the fill line.

Worried? You should be happy, maybe excited, but not worried.

no. airlock activity is not a firm indicator of stopped fermentation. Obviously you know fermentation is going on if there is airlock activity. but as you get near the end, there is a lot less gas expelled. and unless your watching it for hours straight for that 1-5 bubbles you wont see much activity.

Gravity readings are the only way to accurately measure fermentation activity.

I just made a lager, the thing barely even moved for 3 weeks, still fermented nicely though, must have a small leak somewhere

Back