Best Batch Yet! Brown Porter from BCS.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jholen

Reaction score
I'm happy to post I've brewed my best batch yet, a brown porter, recipe taken from BCS.

My dad said he preferred it over Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter.

It is pretty cool when you pour a pint and can honestly say you could imagine being served it at a local bar and you wouldn't think twice. Probably my first batch I could say that to.

Yes, that beer is awesome! I'm making that recipe myself in September. I love that brown porter, and consider it one of my top 5 favorites especially for fall.

I remember my first batch like that. I was crushed when the keg kicked. I'm still surprised that beer didn't win awards, but I know the feeling. It was an amazing moment to take the first fully carbonated, conditioned sip of that IPA and go "I made exactly what I set out to, nobody else makes this beer, and it's better than anything anyone else is putting out right now. I wish I could buy this at the local pub."

I'm drinking the beer that gave me that exact feeling. I even posted a thread like this one! It was an IPA that I couldn't believe I had made its good! Down to about 6 liters of the stuff.

Nice job! My last one was a brown porter that missed the mark. Seemed overly bready. Couldn't tell if it was the brown malt or the yeast.

That brown porter recipe from BCS is one I've got set aside for brewing sometime soon. Looking forward to it.

That brown porter recipe from BCS is one I've got set aside for brewing sometime soon. Looking forward to it.
I think you'll enjoy it! Definitely on my list of recipes to brew again.

Problem is, my list of recipes to brew for the first time is so large! Ha! :p

Back