I need kegs! Where can i get them cheap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watergod

Reaction score
I Live in the Sacramento area and I need a couple more corney kegs. I'm looking for a place to get them so I don't have to pay the 50$ each my local home brew store asking. Any ideas?

badbrew said:
Shipping for me is $61. Better to just go local and return local. $50 is not bad considering.

Yea that seems to be the problem. Shipping is outrageous. Wish I could find a hook up with a local soda company, that way I wouldn't have to pay for shipping.

Have you ever tried metal salvage yards? I found eleven 3 gallon corny's at local salvage at $20/each... great condition and the price unheard of.

most of the local cheap places have been cleared out. the chi company used to sell 4 for $80, but he got cleared out a couple years ago. your best bet now is probably either original homebrew outlet or the folsom brewmeister. $50 for a keg nowadays isn't too bad.

boogyman said:
most of the local cheap places have been cleared out. the chi company used to sell 4 for $80, but he got cleared out a couple years ago. your best bet now is probably either original homebrew outlet or the folsom brewmeister. $50 for a keg nowadays isn't too bad.

Ok, i make a monthly trip to More Beer in Concord to buy my bulk grain. They have them for 50$ also. Guess I'll just keep getting them there. Just wish I knew someone in the soda business....

Ok, i make a monthly trip to More Beer in Concord to buy my bulk grain. They have them for 50$ also. Guess I'll just keep getting them there. Just wish I knew someone in the soda business....

how does the ones from Morebeer look?

they have a website that sells them for 50 each with free shipping.

how does the ones from Morebeer look?

they have a website that sells them for 50 each with free shipping.

used to more used:fro: I ordered 4 and 3 look decent but the forth looks like it has been through hell and back. The seals work though and it doesn't have too many dents.

I recently took a chance on the $14 "clearance" pin lock kegs at CornyKeg.com. I got two of them--shipped for--44.72 total. The site says that the kegs have a "damaged handle", and they are not always available. Mine have intact handles that are a bit rough and look like they sat in the sun for a while. I've kegged 3+ batches with each of the kegs that I ordered with no problems. Each has held pressure and were clean when I received them. Could use some O-rings though, especially on the posts.

I can't find that site where they sell new 5's for $99 and broken handled used ball locks for like $20-$25 and used ball locks for around $37. I was about to buy there and forgot the website. They're shipping wasn't that bad either about $12 each with no CA tax. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I can't find that site where they sell new 5's for $99 and broken handled used ball locks for like $20-$25 and used ball locks for around $37. I was about to buy there and forgot the website. They're shipping wasn't that bad either about $12 each with no CA tax. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

beverage elements?

http://www.bvrgelements.com/category/Keg/

Nice... Good info people, I'm checking out all these sites right now. I like the 7$ shipping at keg connection. What's the shipping like at the elements site? (forgot the site name, need to go back and look)

Back