Help with Logo Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labarr12

Reaction score
I've been home brewing for about a year now, and I am looking to start labeling my beers. BUT, I am coming up blank when it comes to logos and label designs. Would someone be willing to help me out here? I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Some background info:
- Me and my boyfriend brew primarily, but his roommates also do it with us a lot. The current batch is my brain child.
- We're calling the brewery "Silver Moon Brewery" after the street my boyfriend and his roomies live on, but we're not in love with the name. We really don't want the logo to look blue moon-y.
- The beer I am currently trying to label is an imperial IPA, dry hopped, then aged with scotch-soaked oak chips. I am calling it "Hopscotch" and I am completely in love with that name.

You can't lose with having Josh from brewbrandcreative.com do your logo. He knocked it out of the park with the first draft for me. The guy is awesome. Soon as I get mine finalized I'll post it.

Just spit ballin' here. With a name like Silver Moon, and not wanting to do a "Blue Moon" type logo, how about incorporating someone mooning? Not sure how to incorporate the silver part of it. First thing that cam to mine was the Tinman but he's not made of silver. He is silver in color, though.

You can't lose with having Josh from brewbrandcreative.com do your logo. He knocked it out of the park with the first draft for me. The guy is awesome. Soon as I get mine finalized I'll post it.

How much $$ are we talking about for this guy to design a logo ?

Perhaps that nursery rhyme "hey diddle diddle" can lend a hand perhaps.

Hey diddle diddle,
The Cat and the fiddle,
The Cow jumped over the moon,
The little Dog laughed to see such sport,
And the Dish ran away with the Spoon.

Something incorporating all of it, the center being a cow jumping over a silver moon. Something to ponder over. Also you could name certain brew stuff like Cat and the Fiddle Pale Ale.

Depends if you want a commercial or non commercial homebrewery logo. I don't want to throw out figures for him, he has a contact form on his website and he'll give you a quote.

Personally I like to go for a basic design for my own labels. I Googled "Hopscotch" and found an abstract image, added a brief description and came up with one like I would use. If you like it...great! If not, no harm done.

hopscotch.jpg

Back