Any AutoCad users that can help me edit a .dwg file?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Diatonic graciously gave me a copy of his single-tier brew stand blue print in AutoCad. I wanted to make some minor changes to it and of course I do not have AutoCad. Would anyone be willing to help me out with this? I would even paypal you some $ for your troubles.

Here's a link to the file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5615671/new rig.dwg

If someone's interested, I will let you know what I would like done and then I would need a screen shot of it too. Thank you.

Wow, thanks for all the replies and offers for help.

So whomever wants to help, I guess someone take the lead. So maybe whoever posts back first? Is that cool?

I didn't realize that the file changed from what I thought it was. Basically stuff was added that I don't need. Can it be changed to look like the version I posted below by removing a bunch of the detail such as all the light blue, green, red, purple stuff, and the extension bar for the controls on the left? I just need the bare bones stand and its dimensions From there I would like the following done:

1) Remove the 3 circles from the top piece along with the little squares inside the circles.

2) Make the top-down dimensions of the stand slightly smaller. In other words I want the distance between bars for the burners to be 12.5" instead of 13.5". I want to keep the length at 62" so push the distance between each burner to 7.25" from the existing 6.25". I think those dimensions are right???

This would also effect the bottom piece's width between tubing as 12.5" from the existing 13.5".

3) I would like to add angle brackets to each square for the burners. The brackets should look like the pic below. So 12 pieces total. I am not sure of the dimensions of the brackets, but I would like them about the same as the picture below. Also could you add a dimensional line showing the diagonal distance between the angle brackets?

4) Can you make the height of the stand 22" instead of 20" and then make the height of the wheels 4" instead of 5"

That's it. Thank you so much.

3187-img-4719.jpg

standblueprint.jpg

I assume one of the other guys is helping you with this? If not, let me know and I can do it for you.

Schmidty if you're available that'd be great as no one has explicitly said yes. I just want to make sure two people don't duplicate their efforts. So if you don't mind just posting here that you're helping I'd be grateful.
Thank you.

Consider it being worked on. Shouldn't take too long. Will post as soon as I'm done.

If anyone else has already started, please post ASAP to let me know.

Back