Graphic designers.. I am looking to make a label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
I am looking at getting my label created i have been messing with inkscape and realized i have no skills what so ever :drunk:

my thoughts so far are i want a Kenworth W900l semi (my avatar) with the words Diesel Fuel Brewery coming out of the stacks in a smoke type font Est. 2009 would be on the hood probably do a black or blue truck this is just a beginning if anyone is interested please pm me and we can start hashing out details. (compensation, my super specific thoughts, your thoughts ideas,etc)

thanks guys
Paul:tank:

jppostKW,

I throw together labels and logos when I have some free time just for the challenge. I had about an hour sitting in Starbucks today to put together a rough idea for your label.

diesel-fuel.jpg

If you are interested, please shoot me an IM

that label is pure awesomeness!

I actually was sitting down trying to make a label for the OP, I found his avatar's pic at a bigger size to work with, and the more I tried to make it look from the description he posted the more I lost interest or couldn't make it look good...

but that label up there is pure wicked kick ass

jppostKW,

I throw together labels and logos when I have some free time just for the challenge. I had about an hour sitting in Starbucks today to put together a rough idea for your label.

If you are interested, please shoot me an IM

What program are you using, I play around with them to

Depends on the situation. Mostly Photoshop and Illustrator, in that order. I'm a designer by trade so I run all the usual software as well as build websites and create flash applications.

I actually really want to get into iPhone app design and development. But I'll have to invest about 2k into equipment and a boat load of free time. The latter of which is difficult to come by.

FYI - a few people have contacted me in regards to logo and label design. I'd be more than happy to help but I'd like to clarify a few things.

First, please be patient. If you need something tomorrow, then please contact someone else. I have a day job, as an art director, and a young family. I enjoy doing these in my infrequent free time.

Secondly, although I will never demand it, please consider some sort of reimbursement. Any of the following would be acceptable - charitable donation (Make-A-Wish is my preferred charity), shipping me some of your beer, a gift certificate to Austin Homebrew (or similar), or HBT membership upgrade. You don't even want to know how much I charge my clients per hour. So, I'm trying to exceptionally reasonable as I enjoy beer, design, and homebrewing.

That's it. Please PM me if you are interested.

FYI - a few people have contacted me in regards to logo and label design. I'd be more than happy to help but I'd like to clarify a few things.

First, please be patient. If you need something tomorrow, then please contact someone else. I have a day job, as an art director, and a young family. I enjoy doing these in my infrequent free time.

Secondly, although I will never demand it, please consider some sort of reimbursement. Any of the following would be acceptable - charitable donation (Make-A-Wish is my preferred charity), shipping me some of your beer, a gift certificate to Austin Homebrew (or similar), or HBT membership upgrade. You don't even want to know how much I charge my clients per hour. So, I'm trying to exceptionally reasonable as I enjoy beer, design, and homebrewing.

That's it. Please PM me if you are interested.

Sounds very generous! Thanks for your contributions to the community.:mug:

R2-D2 is obviously a very humble, talented and generous person. (Nice work by the way)

Just an FYI for anyone who is lucky enough to get a gift of design from a pro (like him).
Most agencies charge many thousands of dollars for an Identity package. Granted, if you just want a cool logo on your bottles in your fridge its pretty damn hard to justify. And most designers plain love doing the art. Showing appreciation of their abilities goes a long way.

But if you are opening a business its absolutely worth getting the best designer/marketing person you can find. Forget about afford. It will pay for itself.

Jason

This is sweet all the way around. Great design R2-D2, really impressive! Also way to go on just being a good guy. Taking a charitable donation for your work? Impressive.

In my experience, Illustrator is much easier to work with than Inkscape. It is price prohibitive though.

I am finally getting the hang of inkscape....
inkscape_pasted_image_20091220_1816.png

inkscape_pasted_image_20091220_1729.png

I am working on blending them into the background a bit. but so far i am liking them thanks for the concept R2!

Latest posts

Back