What did you ask Santa for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if we already have a thread on this, I cannot find it for the life of me. I'll merge the thread if someone finds it.

I think I might be getting this:

R64.JPG

I've wanted to move away from glass carboys for a while now, so I thought I'd test one of these out. With the spigot, it opens lots of options as far as racking or bottling.

This is all I asked for as far as brewing equipment, so hopefully Santa listened. :D

I asked for "The Beer Gun" and I already received it so I could get my pumpkin ale bottled. I love that thing!
I also asked for ingredients for a batch of wine. I've always wanted to try it so I thought I'd ask for a kit. We will see if Santa thinks I was good this year.

I wanted to start kegging and have been accumulating my equipment (christmas gifts) for about a month now. I borrowed a bottle, regulator, shank and faucet from a buddies kegerator and bought another shank, faucet, ball lock connectors and associated lines.

I also recently received a sanyo 4912 and should be getting my tap tower soon.:mug:

Christmas is coming early this year as the best present (new baby) is due two days later.

I basically just asked for as many glass carboys of any size as she is willing to get me. All I have so far is a single six gallon carboy and my bottling bucket, which is limiting production quite a bit. Hopefully I'll get enough to have 2-3 batches fermenting at once. :rockin:

I don't really need anything else right now. My setup is pretty nice, although basic.

I asked for this for my new Sabco. Which means my old one will be a perfect pre-chiller now.

3795.jpg

Here's what Santa's bring me: Shirron forward-sealing faucet for my man-fridge. Dude, you're gonna love the Better-Bottles

shirron-edit-for-site.jpg

I asked for a wort chiller, and a bottle washer/tree. I don't think I'm getting any brewing equipment, though- he's afraid to "feed the addiction". He does, however, love to drink my beer.....

Lorena

uwmgdman said:
Gift certificate to the LHBS! Nothing like making some batches for 'free'!

Amen. N/B gift certificates so I can actually GET something going. :(

And a Crutchfield certificate so I can replace my car stereo.

Ize

I'm getting a new turkey fryer with a 10 gallon pot with a "turkey tap" on it. Now I can just open 'er up and let the wort flow. Also, I will now have a designated pot to brew and one to do turkeys. :ban:

loop

Mrs. Clause will hopefully bring me new headphones for the iPod. Mrs. Clause has been VERY good to me (since we started dating). I've got her one gift, now I just need to think up a few other little knick-knacks. I got her a digital camera last year and that was a HUGE hit.

I hope to be getting a 5 gallon stock pot, a very needed upgrade from my 2 gallon i have now... ohh yeah i also want that nintendo wii but i doubt that. wife thinks its too much haha

Santa never brings me anything any more. The greyhounds are getting 15 pounds of rawhides, I get zip.

A 514 cubic inch stroker engine to replace the anemic 302 in my truck...

Or at least a few parts to begin building one...anybody have a solid 460 block and/or heads?

Jet washer, bottle tree. ...have to hand them over for wrapping on 24th!
Would like a WLP099 yeast to further my sillyness.

SHMBO hopefully will go to the LHBS and get, "stuff". The last time she went in she explained that, "husband is scottish and likes black beer". Lord only knows what will happen this time. I love a surprise.

just in case I have also got 10K of DME that can be wrapped.

the_bird said:
Don't you have ENOUGH projects to be working on, man?
Yes. But I can't help but acquire more of them...I guess that's just what I do!

I've just about finished powder coating my new wheels (baking as we speak), there are 9 mostly completed stir plates on my workbench, 4 fermenters still need to be made (I think I've FINALLY solved all the problems...), there's a batch of cider fermenting alongside my Floor Kill Ale, and my street rod project has been sadly dormant for MONTHS!

I have time for a few more projects, right?

Perhaps I should ask Santa for a few extra hours in the day...

Yeah im lookin for a Wii too. Hopefully Mrs. Clause can find one.

After that, prolly some stuff for my bass guitar, and of course something from the lhbs.

uwmgdman said:
Gift certificate to the LHBS! Nothing like making some batches for 'free'!

One from SWMBO's parents just arrived in the mail to NB! sweet! Of course I'll buy more toys and just 'fit' some ingredients in there.

Perhaps if we listed what we did not ask for that would be a shorter list for me!:)

I love the holidays, giving and receiving.

a few things on my list:

Cornys
Grain mill
44qt SS turkey fryer
14 gallon SS conical (pretty sure this wont happen)
LHBS gift card
Home depot GC for bar construction materials

and on and on!

Oh, and of course for her to wear the little santas helper lingerie:rockin:

I asked for either a beer gun or a headseat for when I fly. I hate using the overhead speaker. I know I won't get either one. I've been asking for that headset on and off for years, and she still hasn't gotten it........:(

ablrbrau said:
I asked for either a beer gun or a headseat for when I fly. I hate using the overhead speaker. I know I won't get either one. I've been asking for that headset on and off for years, and she still hasn't gotten it........:(

I know what it is like. I have been asking for trumpet lessons for five years and still waiting. have not asked this year :(
now beer, that is a different matter!!!

I asked for 2 shirron forward seal faucets, a beer gun, a couple beer books, and aquarium pump aeration system. I think I'm getting none of them. Maybe 1 book, but they again, we're really poor, so I should be happy that I'm getting anything.

I asked for Lowes gift cards. I want a keg and turkey fryer but that's not gonna happen. :(

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Here's what Santa's bring me: Shirron forward-sealing faucet for my man-fridge. Dude, you're gonna love the Better-Bottles

View attachment 589

Sweet! I just bought one of those from ABS, and it's freakin' beautiful! I'm asking Santa for two more!

-Richard

ps. good think I know you, otherwise "man-fridge" would sound a little, er, Dahmer-esque. ;)

Rumor has it that Santa is bringing me converted rubbermaid cooler mashtuns and sparge tanks complete with ball valves, false bottom and sparge arm. No more hack partial/all grain!!!!!!

....now I've just got to figure out how Santa got my debit card #......

todd_k said:
I asked for Lowes gift cards. I want a keg and turkey fryer but that's not gonna happen. :(

I'm getting Menards. I've been working on my basement and it's a nice way to get some stuff done without spending a ton of money. If I have anything left over, it might go towards coolers for an AG setup

I asked for cornies. I just started kegging, but my future kegerator can hold 5 or 6 plus all the varieties and amounts I plan to keep on hand.

Focus

Fiery Sword said:
Rumor has it that Santa is bringing me converted rubbermaid cooler mashtuns and sparge tanks complete with ball valves, false bottom and sparge arm. No more hack partial/all grain!!!!!!

....now I've just got to figure out how Santa got my debit card #......

Wow you'd better give Santa a big wet sloppy kiss for that one- those pre-made tuns are not cheap!!!

Back