Brew day 7/26/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issack

Reaction score
Good brew today. I brewed my friends national award winning Porter. This beer is so good. Chocolate taste all the way. I hope I get it close to his.. First time brewing it. Got a 1.062.

My dog loves brew day too.. he waits to eat the skim off the top off the boil..

p1.jpg

p4.jpg

p7.jpg

p5.jpg

issack - Great looking brew there, is the recipe posted anywhere? Kind of hot for a porter right now, but you know our "super cold winters" will be here in perfect time for it to condition. Great looking dog and setup also.

Thanks everyone..

Kauai.. no i have not posted the recipe on here yet. I'll give it to you if you want .. I'll pm you and let you know when i get time this week and also post it on my recipe chart..I'm very busy these days and would love to be on here more..

I know it's warm but i live at 1800 feet elevation and my guest room that i ferment in stays at 68 /70 year round with no a/c so I'm fortunate for that.. Stays pretty cool up here. lower elevation is a different story.. hot and muggy in town.. I love living up mauka.. lol

Be careful to keep the hops away from your dog... LINK

The porter sounds tasty!

^^ thank you for the link.. I was told never to give my dog hops so i have not ever.. now that i read that I will for sure never let my pup get hold of spent hops.. Scary stuff there.. I'd freak if my dog died from that.. prolly never brew again..:(

he only gets the skim off the boil before the hops go in..

HEY!!!...THAT`S MY DOG...
I was going to get a pit like that same color (black and white on the chest) until Ontario law screwed everything up. Dog like that are banned where I live. To many attack. I think it`s bull.

BTW nice brew

Ontario Canada.? Wow.. That is very sad.. But also sad is the owners that raise their dogs wrong to make them mean like that.. My pit loves people and would never bite anyone.. He loves other dogs too and just wants to play..

Blows me away that pits are banned in some places.. But the wrong owner makes that a reality.
xxx111.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

+1 on owner I believe they should banned bad owner to have any type of dog...not just pit... it`s not the bread that make a dog attack... But Canada is f!@#up that way...even with gun laws... anyway we are getting off topic...LOL

Later

Back