Does my keezer need to "breathe"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Boss

Reaction score
Building a bar with keezer built-in. No wood attached to the keezer, just around it like a box. Does the keezer need some fresh air, will it get hot when it runs?
barrbreathe.jpg
sorry bout the lame drawing.

I would certainly provide adequate ventilation for the compressor heat and the exchanger. The freezer basically swaps heat from the inside for cool from the outside. That heat needs somewhere to go or it will not run efficiently. Check out Jesters keezer project and you can take a look and see how he did it.

good luck

I would certainly provide adequate ventilation for the compressor heat and the exchanger. The freezer basically swaps heat from the inside for cool from the outside. That heat needs somewhere to go or it will not run efficiently. Check out Jesters keezer project and you can take a look and see how he did it.

good luck

Thanks John, hope i dont need something that elaborate.

Thanks John, hope i dont need something that elaborate.

You probably don't...but it was the only well described project I could think of.... there are many options. I noticed from your drawing that there is a fridge right next to the keezer.... is it the kind that just slips into an opening benieth the counter top? If so, you can put some holes say 5 X 10 inches in the wall between them. hot air rises out the top hole, cool air flows in the bottom hole... that's probably all you would need.

Many of the new freezers have the condenser attached to the outside walls. Give it 2-3 inches of space all the way around.

Back