What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone 16th anniversary.

image-4086975265.jpg

mrgstiffler said:
Yeah, I had Wednesday off and my boss said I could take tomorrow too. Not every day that I get a random two days off so I'm making the most of it.

Haha hell yea. I work retail so I know how precious little "weekends" are

Thor-Bock 1, and Thor-Bock 2 side by side, both lagered for six months, enebær added with all hop additions, both were identical recipe, but #1 I decided to dry hop with my 2 1oz zythos samples, and 2 had a dry hop of sterling, and 2 has a 2% grist of chocolate rye, and 2% wheat, but 1 is definately perceptively maltier. But at 11%ABV, two have kicked my ass, behind the Figueroa Big Cone, and the "Danish Style" Red Lager from Figueroa Mountain. But overall, I think Thor would be pleased with two 11%ABV beers with his name.

Haha hell yea. I work retail so I know how precious little "weekends" are

I do IT with two other techs. We have enough work to keep five techs busy for the next two-three years. I can take comp-time for my days off so that I still get paid but fitting them into my schedule without burdening the other guys is tough.

Just finished off the last bottle of In Heat Wheat (Flying Dog) glad that's gone, too sweet for me. Next up is a Caldera IPA, it's a good beer, but I miss my Surly Furious clone.

I'm having a growler of Iron Hill's Hopalicious. Pretty tasty beer, we decided to do the 2 pizzas and a growler for 25 bucks deal (well 28 dollars since the hopalicious isn't a house beer). The highlight of the evening, though. Wife: "Your double IPA has a lot more hop flavor and aroma, and lacks the hot alcohol flavor" :fro:

Schells Rauchbier, Im a lucky guy,had a sixer last year but spotted a dusty last sixer on the shelf recently,dated july 2011. Guess its retired also now-NO THANKS TO YOU!. HA. Its an absoultley great smoked beer,its like belgian carmel malty not as rich and sweet as strong belgian maltsters but complex and just tastey and smells delicous. Really nice sweet cherrywood smokiness.30 Ibu's keeps the malts in check. What a shame to retire this. Im going to have to pair my last four precious bottles with some maple pankakes/and or french toast and eggs dinner or something. I tink im drooling about the possiblities. I tink I can I tink I can.

Dog fish head 60 min clone from the database. Very tasty. I might try the 90 min next brew.

I had a sip of first run, properly cellared Samuel Adams Triple Bock, that some pik, who ransacked this house I am cleaning out, left opened with not even one sip taken from it.

3F. Love it. Drinking Pale with home grown hops and house porter. A few Belgian Triples and Sours with saaz hops before dinner.

BW

Had one of my Belgian Blondes and am chasing it with a California Common. I like mine way better than Anchor Steam

FW Wooky Jack, hides that sneaky 8.3% real nicely. I'm enjoying it, I'd love to try this one fresh in CA

Got my first one of those in the fridge for this weekend's brew day. I was amazed by the Double Jack, wish we could get Firestone here in MN!

Sippin' some Eagle Rare 10 yr bourbon with an Origen cigar. Nice li'l smoke for the price (~$7), and not a shabby bourbon either. :mug:

An 'early' pumpkin ale from a fellow home-brewing friend. Tasty, nice pumpkin flavor (he used fresh vs. canned), plus a lot of cinnamon and allspice - reminds me more of pumpkin pie.

An 07 Arrogant Bastard, been refrigerated since purchase in 07, and wow does this age well. More like a nice barleywine, with a scratch of doppelbock.

Finally back home from another 2 day trip for work. I'm having a Caldera IPA while winding down from the trip. Next up is another bottle of my Citra/Cascade pale ale. It's ok, but I'm not making that particular recipe again.

Latest posts

Back