What next

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henson

Reaction score
So far, I've only brewed oatmeal stouts and english brown ales. I'm looking for my next brew. I really like the oatmeal stouts and brown ales. Does anyone have suggestions for what to brew next?

Well, if you really like the oatmeal stouts and brown ales, then that's what you should keep brewing. Are there any other styles you like? I wouldn't recommend brewing a style you don't like just to change it up a bit. If I were to make a recommendation, I would say an Irish red. It's different enough to be interesting, but I imagine still in your comfort zone.

How about an American iPa? I brewed a wil Wheaton recipe that came out delicious, and I'm not the biggest iPa fan

I think I will try the Irish red. I'm not usually a big fan of IPAs. They usually seem too bitter for me. Thanks for all the input. I do like the oatmeals and brown but I'm not famine with a lot of other styles.

If you prefer the maltier brews, how about a Scottish ale?

This. My recent first allgrain batch was a Scottish 60. It's small, cheap, and tasty. I've been on a simplicity kick lately and the Scottish 60, like most Scottish ales, really showcases the grain.

Back