Citra BPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetrueruss

Reaction score
I just tried my freshly carbonated (forced for 2 days) of a Citra BPA. This was my first try at reusing yeast and it came out delicious. The Citra really has a lot of flavor. I like it. The only drawback is that there seems to be a lot of floating crap coming out of the keg. I figure after a week and a few pints that should clear up. It does settle in the glass.

I do say I am now a fan of Citra. Damn fine hop for any pale ale or IPA style. I'm going to try using it in a high ABV Chocolate Chipotle Stout I am brewing tomorrow night. It hink the flavor will meld very well with the chocolate and pepper. Just excited. Haven't gotten to do a full brew night in over a month. I might even have 2 or more assistants! cool

On top of that I get to help a buddy with his first brew at the same time. Hopefully he takes to it.. I could use more good homebrew in my crew.

I find that my favorite pales include Citra somewhere in the recipe - generally late addition or dry hop.

When do you plan on adding Citra to your stout?

I paired Citra and Cascade in a pale ale and it came out really good too. Citra by itself comes across as ripe mango but when you pair with Cascade it turns into grapefruit. Love 'em both.

One of my favorite dry hop combo's is citra, cascade or amarillo, and summit. I get the grapefruit, too.

Back