Central valley or bay area members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxpx5678

Reaction score
Are there many of you out there? I am in Manteca/Modesto area an work in Livermore area.

I am located in the Cowboy Capital of the World, Oakdale. Hey neighbor!

Nice, I know another brewer from Oakdale. he has been super helpful. Have you gone to any of the Modesto Mashers meetings? Do you get any of your supplies from Barley and Wine?

Would you be talking about Dano? :) Dude is bomb. He came to my last brew day and we enjoyed some awesome beer.

I get all my stuff from Barley and Wine, when possible. The guys there are REALLY cool. Last time I went, he had a Pliny clone in the keg and offered me a sample. So awesome. Great place to go and talk about techniques and equipment. I don't agree with everything they promote or say, but it's a great place to get stuff.

Oh, and I've never been much for meetings or dues. lol. So I was never interested in joining the Modesto Mashers. I do know that my Crazy Hamish Scotch Ale beat all of their offerings at the 2008 Hops and Bangers homebrew competition. :)

In fact, when Dano showed up at my house last brew day, we started talking, I mentioned Hops and Bangers, and he remembered exactly who I was, and remembered the beer I brewed. I was definitely flattered.

Would you be talking about Dano? :) Dude is bomb. He came to my last brew day and we enjoyed some awesome beer.

I get all my stuff from Barley and Wine, when possible. The guys there are REALLY cool. Last time I went, he had a Pliny clone in the keg and offered me a sample. So awesome. Great place to go and talk about techniques and equipment. I don't agree with everything they promote or say, but it's a great place to get stuff.

Honestly, I could have posted exactly that same thing. Yes Dano, he is super nice and helpful, Barley and Wine is awesome too Steven is really nice and helpful too, for my first brew I annoyed him with tons of questions, and he had me try the Pliny clone too, really good.

We should get together for a brew day sometime, I know oakdale is kind of far but eh well. I am about to make the jump to all grain this weekend.

I'd come to your brew day if I wasn't brewing the first batch of my Covenantal Coffee Ale, myself. :) I'll let you know when my next one after this Saturday is, and keep me posted. If I can make it to a brew day of yours, I totally will. Lathrop isn't far at all. I'll hop on the motorcycle and head over. Heck, I'll get in touch with Dano and see if he's down, and maybe we'll both show up bearing beer. :)

I'd come to your brew day if I wasn't brewing the first batch of my Covenantal Coffee Ale, myself. :) I'll let you know when my next one after this Saturday is, and keep me posted. If I can make it to a brew day of yours, I totally will. Lathrop isn't far at all. I'll hop on the motorcycle and head over. Heck, I'll get in touch with Dano and see if he's down, and maybe we'll both show up bearing beer. :)

Sounds good, I have a Mirror Pond Clone planned for this Sunday and the probably 2 weeks after that I will be making a Stout for my brother.

I am located in the Cowboy Capital of the World, Oakdale. Hey neighbor!

Haha, my wife grew up there. LET'S GO MUSTANGS!

Marin County (the only county in California without a LHBS, it seems) checking in. I know there's a bunch of lads on here up in Sonoma as well.

I'm in the Valley, Fresno to be exact. If I can be of help, just shoot me a message. I have too many hops (pellets) at this time. If you want a deal on a variety of hops, PM me.

I'm in the Valley, Fresno to be exact. If I can be of help, just shoot me a message. I have too many hops (pellets) at this time. If you want a deal on a variety of hops, PM me.

Nice Fresno is a little far but would be willing to meet in like Turlock (Dust Bowl Brewing!!)

what kinds of hops do you have?

I'm down in Porterville. Don't brew with too many people, have a few buds who like to come brew, drink some beers and barbecue though.

Nice. I'm in Pleasanton.

Before Oakdale takes over... Gotta have the "Hopyard" crew represent!
Im in Dublin. Do you go to hoptech for your supplies? NOBODY can beat Jade and Robeerto on customer service!

I'm down in Porterville. Don't brew with too many people, have a few buds who like to come brew, drink some beers and barbecue though.

Porterville huh... Do you know the Muirheads? Holmes? I have close family/friends in p.ville. Not a big craft beer following out there, but everytime i visit and bring beer they are willing to drink it!

JoeBronco said:
Before Oakdale takes over... Gotta have the "Hopyard" crew represent!
Im in Dublin. Do you go to hoptech for your supplies? NOBODY can beat Jade and Robeerto on customer service!

Porterville huh... Do you know the Muirheads? Holmes? I have close family/friends in p.ville. Not a big craft beer following out there, but everytime i visit and bring beer they are willing to drink it!

I alternate between Hoptech and MoreBeer in Concord. I just popped in to see Jade today to grab some stuff for next weekend. Great people...

If you ever see the blue F150 parked in front of the doors and a guy giving everyone beer to taste inside that's me... Jade calls me her other son. I'm normally there everyday around 4-5ish.

There are several clubs in the Central valley area that I want to make sure you all know about.

In Modesto/Merced/Turlock area there is the Central Valley Brewers Guild
In Modesto there is the Modesto Mashers
In Manteca there is the San HopKeen HomeBrew Club (I am a part of this one)
In Stockton there is the Brew Angels.

Let me know if you want anymore info on these clubs.

We have The Worthogs brew club in Fresno if you want to add that to your list, and Bencomos is our LHBS.

Hey there!

I am new here, and figured I would post a shout here... I am interested in learning to brew, but have not done a thing about it except, well... drink up to this point. :)

We are in Salida right now, and are moving to Ripon this summer. The new house has a third car garage which has been okayed as my man cave - podcast studio, cigar lounge, and now a brewing area!

Looking forward to learning from everyone and doing what looks like a lot of reading to catch up.

I posted on a forum hosted by the CVBG and have a registration pending with the Modesto Mashers forum so I can get some good info from locals.

MaytagMan said:
Hey there!

I am new here, and figured I would post a shout here... I am interested in learning to brew, but have not done a thing about it except, well... drink up to this point. :)

We are in Salida right now, and are moving to Ripon this summer. The new house has a third car garage which has been okayed as my man cave - podcast studio, cigar lounge, and now a brewing area!

Looking forward to learning from everyone and doing what looks like a lot of reading to catch up.

I posted on a forum hosted by the CVBG and have a registration pending with the Modesto Mashers forum so I can get some good info from locals.

Welcome. Those are good groups. I also am part of a club that meets in Manteca that is just starting. I highly recommend barley and wine in Modesto to get your first kit and do one of their brew classes (which you can get for free or discounted just by asking).

It is a little trickier brewing in the summer in the valley but it can be done. Enjoy!

Welcome. Those are good groups. I also am part of a club that meets in Manteca that is just starting. I highly recommend barley and wine in Modesto to get your first kit and do one of their brew classes (which you can get for free or discounted just by asking).

It is a little trickier brewing in the summer in the valley but it can be done. Enjoy!

Yeah, when it comes time to get started, I will defitely check out B&W... don't want to waste too much of their time kicking tires until I actually have the go-ahead... ;)

Eventually, I am thinking of walling in the cave so that I can have A/C and a ventilation system in there... When that happens, I should be able to bre year round and keep the temp of the room just where I need to...

JoeBronco said:
Im Jealous... You have one of the best Craft beer stores in CA, in your back yard... Perrys... :mug:

Yeah it is great. Also be sure and check out Livermore saloon it is ran by same people as Perry's and has amazing taps

I know, im thinking about working out a deal with the owner to brew FOR the livermore saloon. Kinda like a house beer type of thing. Not sure how to go about it yet... There family owns C-Mart in Dublin and another craft beer store in Fremont and both have a killer selection of craft beer too.

The folks at Perry's and Livermore Saloon are great. And yes, the best selection!

My wife works over in Pleasanton... I think I may need to swing by and visit her at work... yeah... that's it... :)

Look forward to checing it out the next time I'm through town!

Heya Dawg. I know of at least one brewer who lives in Ripon. Guy named Mark Andriese. I'm out of Oakdale, and there's more of us in good ol' Motown.

I will probably be brewing next in 3 or 4 weeks, and if you're interested, I'll let you know when that's happening, and you can swing by and hoist a few with me.

I'm in Pleasanton.

Pretty new to the area (moved July 2011 from Michigan), been visiting Hoptech about once a month for almost year now too. JoeBronco, I've definitely seen you there, sharing beer, before! Small world.

Just got all moved to Ripon... now to unpack all of these boxes... ugh. When we get all settled, it will be time for me to jump in! :)

I am up in Sonora. I know we look down on Oakdale and Ripon but we can still be friends right?:mug: All seriousness though I would love to meet some other brewers and see how I am doing things wrong in comparison;)

Back