HBT App for Kindle Fire?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second this.

The mobile app is available on the Android Market for tablets (like the Kindle Fire (which is an Android tablet))... so long as the tablet is also a phone. "Phone" is a requirement. And the Kindle is not a phone.

The other markets for Android Apps seem to link to the official Android Market. It's really annoying to register at a new market online only to be pointed to the file at the other site.

Can anyone provide a link to the .apk file on a developers' site?

I got around this by just digging and finding the file. But for HBOgo, I had a friend download it on their phone and then email me the file. If I had a way to post the file I would.

FYI, HBT on the fire isn't as good as on the phone (not really optimized for it) but still way better than the web interface.

If you've got an Android smartphone, download ES File Explorer, navigate to the App Manager (in ES), highlight HomebrewTalk and select backup. From there, upload the backed-up file on your SD card to your Dropbox, download onto your Kindle Fire (again, with Dropbox), and you're good to go.

You can also download AndroVM Android emulator (get the phone+tablet version) for VirtualBox, then proceed with the above directions.

I thought at one point there was a direct link to the file on this site, but I could be wrong.

^^^ Thanks for that. I was able to scarf the HBT apk off my DroidX and side-load it onto my wife's Fire. While it's obviously not "tablet aware" it still looks pretty good and works fine.

btw, for anyone who doesn't routinely use ES File Explorer (btw, it's a great and free app imo) on the latest version you have to press and hold on the HBT app icon to get the context menu to pop up that has the Backup command. Might not be obvious...

Cheers!

Back