Wyeast yeast packets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandleWineProject

Reaction score
So hubby was making some beer, and he got out and smacked the wrong packet! The one he did was for mead/cider. I told him not to worry, throw it back in the fridge, and use the one he needed to use. That yeast packet came with a mead kit he bought, and I told him we could go ahead and try it when the time came, or I got plenty of wine yeasts around.

Any thoughts to if that will work later?

In my experience the slap packs arent' really as much of a smack pack. Usually i put them against a counter top corner and push on it until it literally pops only way i can get it to work/ puff up. I think the yeast will just be dormant in the fridge and best thing to do is to make a starter. So if for some reason some of the cells died. With a good starter and a couple days the few cells should be able to reproduce and multiple 10 fold! Don't worry, you might just have to baby it.

Latest posts

Back