Oooohhhh my head.........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
:drunk: Last night was dart night & I had a few too many Leinie's while attempting to hit the dart board and then playing Sheepshead afterwards. So this morning, to quote Jimmy Buffett, my head hurts, my feet stink and I don't love Jesus.:drunk: Plus I'm brewing today. Hmmmmmm not a good combination. What're some of you folks' hangover remedies????? I just pretty much suffer and try to keep busy till I feel better.:drunk:

ablrbrau said:
Last night was dart night & I had a few too many Leinie's while attempting to hit the dart board and then playing Sheepshead afterwards. So this morning, to quote Jimmy Buffett, my head hurts, my feet stink and I don't love Jesus.:drunk: Plus I'm brewing today. Hmmmmmm not a good combination. What're some of you folks' hangover remedies????? I just pretty much suffer and try to keep busy till I feel better.:drunk:

Start drinking. :rockin:

(and no, I'm not kidding. :D )

Ize

a greasy cheeseburger, a couple of excedrin migraine pills and a ginger ale.

That, plus a nap and I'm golden

1 liter normal saline + 250ml 5%dextrose in normal saline via a 20 guage needle AND 15l high flow Oxygen AND asprin AND drink a gatoraid.

The salin and dextrose helps rehydrate you and brings your blood sugar up a bit, the oxygen cant hurt and may help the aches, the asprin for headaches and aches, gatoraid to give you some electrolytes again after peeing them all out the night befor

Then again I'm a paramedic though and have acess to that stuff :drunk:

I’ve been drunk with a hangover. From my experience, I wouldn’t recommend it.

You’re dehydrated. Drink lots of water, Gator-aid, juice, etc. Take Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve, or what ever your preferred choice of headache / body ache medicine is.

feedthebear said:
I’ve been drunk with a hangover. From my experience, I wouldn’t recommend it.

You’re dehydrated. Drink lots of water, Gator-aid, juice, etc. Take Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve, or what ever your preferred choice of headache / body ache medicine is.

I drank a Dr Pepper & lotsa water & am feeling much better:) . Now I've got to get my brew finished so I can go get that greasy burger- gettin' hungry! I've already got my hangover routine, I was just wondering what some others' cures were. Kinda like a poll without the choices up top:)

Glad you’re doing better

I’ve also used a hot shower / cold shower technique. Hot shower as hot as you can take it while getting clean. Then turn the hot water off and stand in the cold shower as long as you can take it.

I think it mostly shifts your mind off the hangover and onto how freaking cold you are.

I probably should have been a little clearer. I've found there is something to the old "Hair of the dog" saying... So if I'm feeling rocky the next morning, and I'm not off to work, it'll be a bloody mary or some kind of juice with vodka in it just to try and equalize things out...

But really, I've found what Bill said. Drink a couple of glasses of water before you crash for the night and the brain box tends to stay a little more lubricated...

Ize

I find the two glasses before bed helps but in the morning I need orange juice. A glass with 3/4 oj and 1/4 sprite or ginger ale works wonders. Something fried with hashbrowns is what I usually crave in the morning. Or if it was a wrecker and I don't get moving until after lunch a Mozza burger from A&W is perfect.

Cheers,
Paul

It works better for me (not that I get drunk terribly often) if I'm consistently drinking water over the course of the evening rather than just drink two glasses before bed. Have to piss twice as often, but I haven't been hung over in ages when I've been good about doing this.

all the remedies seem the same in the most basic form . . .
get some salt, get some sugar, get some water back into your system . . . the greese just helps it all go down better :ban:

Wow I should brew hung over more often. Everything went off without a hitch, probably because I was in absolutely no hurry since it hurt to move. I hit all my temps dead-on, and my efficiency was 82%, by far my best ever.:ban:

ablrbrau said:
:drunk: Last night was dart night & I had a few too many Leinie's while attempting to hit the dart board and then playing Sheepshead afterwards. So this morning, to quote Jimmy Buffett, my head hurts, my feet stink and I don't love Jesus.:drunk: Plus I'm brewing today. Hmmmmmm not a good combination. What're some of you folks' hangover remedies????? I just pretty much suffer and try to keep busy till I feel better.:drunk:

Hair of the dog that bit you! That's what you need.

Menudo works pretty good too.

Orpheus said:
I tried listening to the teen heart throb latin boy band Menudo, but damned if I'm not still hungover!:ban:

Er, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. :) Try the hot soup-like dish made from cow's stomach lining (tripas), chile sauce, and posole. Serve with chopped onions, cilantro, and lime!

I don't know if it really helps the hangover that much, but it sure tastes good! :D

Attended a nice Irish wedding yesterday. Needless to say, I have felt better. I did drink a bunch of water during, and 2qts gatorade after, so it isn't that bad. Actually caught myself wishing is was later in the day so that I could test some brew I bottled up a while back.

2 baptisms/parties to go to today too, and one of them is going to be a drinker. Im just glad I did all my homework yesterday.

I usually crave orange juice. For me the best cure is to drink plenty of liquids, eat some greasy food, and do some physical labor to sweat it out of my system.

That being said, when I was in college (in my, ahem, wilder days) I found a few tokes of the herb before going to bed always prevented a hangover from ever occurring. Of course, being a responsible adult I don't do that anymore. :)

Wash down a B-complex vitamin with a pint of water before you go to bed next time. You'll feel like a million bucks in the morning.

beer4breakfast said:
Er, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. :) Try the hot soup-like dish made from cow's stomach lining (tripas), chile sauce, and posole. Serve with chopped onions, cilantro, and lime!

I don't know if it really helps the hangover that much, but it sure tastes good! :D

Ugh, back in the day when I used to work as a meatcutter we sold a TON of beef tripe. the orientals and hispanics bought that stuff up like it was the last food on earth. More power to you, I don't know how it tastes, but it SMELLS like somebody had an orgasm all over it (and that's no lie-that's what it smells like). EWWW you can have it, no thanks.:)

ablrbrau said:
Ugh, back in the day when I used to work as a meatcutter we sold a TON of beef tripe. the orientals and hispanics bought that stuff up like it was the last food on earth. More power to you, I don't know how it tastes, but it SMELLS like somebody had an orgasm all over it (and that's no lie-that's what it smells like). EWWW you can have it, no thanks.:)

It smells like semen AND you were the meatcutter??? Hmmm... is meatcutting a lonely occupation?:D

:off:
but it SMELLS like somebody had an orgasm all over it (and that's no lie-that's what it smells like).

I kinda have made it a point to never sniff something I have bust a nut on . . . but to each his own I guess:drunk:

Pumbaa said:

I kinda have made it a point to never sniff something I have bust a nut on . . . but to each his own I guess:drunk:
To be fair I reckon that if ablrbrau was up to his neck in tons of tripe he'd just smell it without getting his nose anywhere near it!
Plus if it's a cow's intestine that smells of *ahem* 'the seeds of someones loins' what does that say about the farmers in WI? ;)

Pumbaa said:

LOL I don't either, sometimes the smell just wafts............

Caplan said:
To be fair I reckon that if ablrbrau was up to his neck in tons of tripe he'd just smell it without getting his nose anywhere near it!
Plus if it's a cow's intestine that smells of *ahem* 'the seeds of someones loins' what does that say about the farmers in WI? ;)

LOl that reminds me of an old joke about a cow breeder.........

Plus if it's a cow's intestine that smells of *ahem* 'the seeds of someones loins' what does that say about the farmers in WI?

Wisconsin is a dairy cow state, not a beef cattle state :p
BTW you havent seen Wisconsin women . . . I dunno if I would blame the farmers:ban:

Orpheus said:
It smells like semen AND you were the meatcutter??? Hmmm... is meatcutting a lonely occupation?:D
I assumed he meant it smelled like a woman's orgasm. But I guess that would be the cannery workers . . .

Pumbaa said:
Wisconsin is a dairy cow state, not a beef cattle state :p
BTW you havent seen Wisconsin women . . . I dunno if I would blame the farmers:ban:
I just feel sorry for ablrbrau who had to clean it all up.......;)

Ahem...

A Powerbar, Pedialyte, Tylenol, and your choice of caffeine. (if you can swing it, O2) Works like a charm!

The others were right about the B vitamins, but you need to ingest them prior to drinking, like a nice B Complex overdose prior to a binge drinking event.

:cross:

Latest posts

Back