just gotta brag a little

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dheide

Reaction score
I just drank the first beer from my first batch, and although I'm probably a little biased, this is the best beer I've ever had! I brewed Mr. Beer's "High Country Canadian Draft" and it came out perfect. If it's true that beer only improves with age, then I can't wait to see how better it gets!

Thanks for listening to me boast, and thanks for all the advice-
Dave

Yes, welcome to the best thing you've ever done with your life. Every time you open a homebrew, a smile stretches across your face and you believe you, not Anhuieser Busch, should be creating the most beer on the planet. Every beer is better than the last, and you never make mistakes. At least until you make a mistake, but you'll fix that, or learn to do better next time. And look at all that beer you have. Good beer. Better than average beer. The best beers you've ever had because you, YOU made them.

It's a little addictive.

Even when you brew a batch and it doesn't turn out exactly like you expected, you try a commercial brew, een a lot of microbrewed beers and you think, "my beer is still better than this!" You'll end up develpoing picky tastebuds after a few batches to and you'll be bable to pick up odd tastes like aluminum etc, from canned megaswill.

Welcome to the miracle of homebrewing. I didn't believe it when they told me that my first beer would be some of the best beer I ever tasted-- until I popped open the first bottle from my first batch. Wow.

In fact, today when I was bottling an amber ale I opened a bottle from a batch I am disappointed in, and, you know-- it STILL tasted better than most commercial brews.

Keep us posted on how yours turns out in a few more weeks.

My friend, you've tasted the first step in brewing the best beer (aka your own)

Now, we can help you to brew even better beer - from your own basic ingredients instead of a kit. Soon, you'll be able to formulate your own recipe to make the style of beer you want. Take the red pill, and we will show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Latest posts

Back