Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built this for my hubby for his birthday. We pretty much love it. Chalkboard paint, as I've seen so many others do. It's in the garage right now, naturally, for summer grilling and other such business. With Wisconsin winters, it will have to be brought indoors this fall.

Awesome bday present! My wife is from Manitowoc. Good to see some chicks from there that will drink more than BL :mug:

Certainly not the finest work but it works for me! I looked though all one million posts and finally decided to keep it simple. In a couple of hours minus watching paint dry I can pour a cold one.
Inner collar 2x8
Outer collar 1x10
575SS
Now I just need more faucets as it will fit four on the floor and one on the hump.
Thanks again for all of the info on the forum.

007.jpg

011.jpg

002.jpg

This is my version of the collar/slid.I actually sandwiched 1 inch styrofoam insulation between 2 pc's of 1/4" plywood.The colar/lid weighs only slightly more than the original lid.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Here is my Keezer. With the tall collar it can hold four cornys. I also have a Sanyo two tap tower mini fridge conversion. The sanyo is in the house, and the keeper will be in my work shed, to keep the pipe line primed with aged and carbonated beer.

Still need to get the taps, regulator and gas. Probably just going to use picnic taps.

554582_10150882522231977_880915937_n.jpg

545442_10150882522666977_1456850120_n.jpg

182309_10150882015441977_1565580166_n.jpg

Through the wall kegerator. Fridge sits in storage room behind the bar. Taps plumb through wall and serve into bar. Finally, got temps and gas just right no over foaming and pours great. No loss of beer to too much foam out of the tap.

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

airdog_47 said:
Fridge sits in storage room behind the bar. Taps plumb through wall and serve into bar.

This is a GREAT idea! Solves the 'not enough room to load the keezer in the bar' problem, and keeps the noisy cooler out of the playroom! I may just have to steal this idea, Thanks!

For those interested, I had been debating what I might do to avoid moisture and warping of the wood. Current idea, glue ridged foam board (1") around the inside of the collar. I used 2x10 lumber for the collar to gain head-height so a corny will fit there on the shelf over the compressor. Added benefit is weight; the collar and lid stay put just floating on the top of the chest. The external will be wrapped in 1/8" plywood and extend about 1" below the top of the chest. Combined with the weight, it should stay in place without any issues.

You probably cannot see it in the picture, but the inside (white) lip is about 1/4" of an inch lower than where the wood meets the lip of the chest. Therefore, the foam board will extend that 1/4" of an inch and should create a really good seal. Of course, I could always apply some aluminum duct tape to that joint for extra protection against air infiltration.

More pics coming as I make progress!

For those interested, I had been debating what I might do to avoid moisture and warping of the wood.

Throw a coat of polyurethane on the wood..if you want, thin it out wi some paint thinner and do a few quick and light coats. It'll do what you want in the form of sealing the wood from unforeseen moisture and prevent it from warping

For those interested, I had been debating what I might do to avoid moisture and warping of the wood. Current idea, glue ridged foam board (1") around the inside of the collar. I used 2x10 lumber for the collar to gain head-height so a corny will fit there on the shelf over the compressor. Added benefit is weight; the collar and lid stay put just floating on the top of the chest. The external will be wrapped in 1/8" plywood and extend about 1" below the top of the chest. Combined with the weight, it should stay in place without any issues.

You probably cannot see it in the picture, but the inside (white) lip is about 1/4" of an inch lower than where the wood meets the lip of the chest. Therefore, the foam board will extend that 1/4" of an inch and should create a really good seal. Of course, I could always apply some aluminum duct tape to that joint for extra protection against air infiltration.

More pics coming as I make progress!

Just put some Damprid in there, that will suck up any moisture.

You know, if I were to do it over, I'd put my taps closer like you got Bier.

I'd at the very least be able to take advantage of a smaller drip tray.

Thankfully I have two beer-loving dogs that help keep the floor clean from drips. :)

This is from 2008, but I just want to make sure everyone knows that while I know it's fun to let dogs drink beer (especially when it has spilled), alcohol is bad for dogs.

http://www.aspcabehavior.org/articles/71/Foods-That-Are-Hazardous-to-Dogs-.aspx

I love my beer, but I love my dogs even more. Be safe with them and know whether what you are giving them to eat or drink is healthy.

I love my dogs too, but would hate to have to choose between them and beer!!!

JK...

My dogs are firm believers in all things in moderation :)

This is from 2008, but I just want to make sure everyone knows that while I know it's fun to let dogs drink beer (especially when it has spilled), alcohol is bad for dogs.

http://www.aspcabehavior.org/articles/71/Foods-That-Are-Hazardous-to-Dogs-.aspx

I love my beer, but I love my dogs even more. Be safe with them and know whether what you are giving them to eat or drink is healthy.

Well... I know that, as a human, I have no plans to have anything with Xylitol again!

It's worth noting that the ASPCA is only complaining about intoxication. They say it happens faster in dogs (it's a body mass thing -- same as for people). I'd say the risk is very, very low unless you're giving the dog a lot with respect to mass.

My dog liked beer when he was younger (adolescent), but now he doesn't show any interest.

Now where are those kegerators?!
:off:

Edit: (I'd show you mine, but it would just look like a chest freezer with kegs and picnic taps... the 2-tap tower has already shipped, though)!

Having trouble getting cold air to the top of mine. The fan near the top isn't pulling old air up and there's too many it's to let the cold air circulate around

Back