Building a simple brew stand, need suggesions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstone

Reaction score
I have this cart, it is 32" tall x 29.5" wide x 17.5" deep. I've got a turkey fryer. I do mini-mash extract brews. How can I best utilize the space?

image-4090141140.jpg

I bulit this little brew stand. I brew 3g all-grain batches, but it would work fine for mini-mash. Not sure of the best wat to use that cart. Good luck!

ForumRunner_20110508_143043.jpg

I guess it depends on if you do full 5 gallon boils or not. If you do, I don't think that stand can hold the wait of everything. You will have grains, kettle, mash tun, hlt, plus 6+ gallons of water. Those shelves are usually pretty cheap and wouldn't be able to hold that weight.

Here's what I'm thinking. Keep in mind it's just an extract/mini-mash setup. I'll put a wort cooling coil in the cooled and run it down to the fermentor. I might cut a hole in the top grate to drop the cooler down to the second shelf. Just add the hoses and heat shields. I went to a group brew this weekend and I was the only one without some kind of brewstand, figured it was about time to upgrade a bit.

image-3187751456.jpg

Ok, so I'm going with my last thought. I got some copper tubing to put inside the cooler and I'll cut a part of the top shelf out so it can sit on the bottom shelf. I'm going to add a valve to the brew pot so I can send the beer right through the copper tubing and down to the brew bucket (the cooler will be filled with ice to cool the liquid as it goes into the bucket). You can't really see it in the picture, but I attached a hanger so I can hang the grains in a fry basked so it can drip off. Any comments/suggestions?

image-935661737.jpg

image-247271222.jpg

Back