JockeyBox.. What part do I need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meschaefer

Reaction score
I have a 120ft Stainless steel coil, with flared ends that have a hex nut on them to connect directly to a faucet shank. I want to put a tailpiece on the end so that I can connect it to a piece of flexible beer tube before it connects to the faucet shank. I can't seem to find anything that will do the trick.

I am considering buying a shank and cutting it down to one inch, which will connect to the coil and the hex nut, then putting a hex nut with a tail on the other end. But there seems like their must be another way, as I am not really looking forward to hacking my way through a shank.

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

The final 20' on my jockey box goes down to 1/4"
No flex on the inside of the box, all stainless.

CB248R.jpg

BTW: I only have a single, but it's from the same people.

The final 20' on my jockey box goes down to 1/4"
No flex on the inside of the box, all stainless.

CB248R.jpg

BTW: I only have a single, but it's from the same people.

There is also a 20' section of 1/4" on my as well, the problem I have is that I want to use it is a round cooler and it doesn't line up flush with the walls for me to attach the stainless directly to the shank. So I want to put flex on the end so I can put the beer in, and the faucet anywhere that I like.

M,
Is this going to be a permanent install, or are you going to put it in a square cooler eventually?

If it's permanent, cut the fitting off with a tubing cutter, and either put the correct size flare fitting on the end, or just flare the tubing and use a hose clamp to keep the flex tube on.

You might want to put a decently-long piece of flex tubing between the stainless and the shank. Any change in tubing will create a nucleation site for CO2 to come out of solution (and make your beer really foamy.)

B

M,
Is this going to be a permanent install, or are you going to put it in a square cooler eventually?

If it's permanent, cut the fitting off with a tubing cutter, and either put the correct size flare fitting on the end, or just flare the tubing and use a hose clamp to keep the flex tube on.

You might want to put a decently-long piece of flex tubing between the stainless and the shank. Any change in tubing will create a nucleation site for CO2 to come out of solution (and make your beer really foamy.)

B

Whats going on Brett.

This is a semi permanent solution. While I have no immediate plans to place it into a square cooler, I can easily envision an excuse to pick up another 120 SS coil and have two faucets.

Unless I am able to find something to work without going to the trouble of cutting the tube and flare it, I will probably just stick the coil in a square cooler. I am using this for a friends wedding, and I wanted to just cut down on the bulk.

Now if anyone knew off hand, what the smallest square cooler the coil would fit into I would be willing to go that route. I just haven't been able to find one locally that has a small enough foot print. I would be willing to order it off of Amazon, if I could guarantee a fit.

Perhaps that's another thread.

Back