Lobster Fra Diablo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
SWMBO and I had a nice dive on Sunday and we caught a bunch of bugs. A few to my Dad, a few to the boat captain, and a few for us. So here is last nights supper, Lobster Fra Diablo.

Start out by chopping up an onion, 4 or 5 cloves of garlic and a few peppers.

1248787369.jpg

The onions and garlic hit the heat first.

1248787493.jpg

While that gets cooking you can chop up a bunch of fresh parsley.

1248787567.jpg

I used spagettti squash instead of spagetti since SWMBO made a few unkind remarks when she zipped up my wetsuit on Sunday.

1248787544.jpg

Do you think he knows that before too long he's going to be bathing in that tomato sauce?

1248788802.jpg

This next part is a bit graphic...

1248787670.jpg

I split the tails open and crack the claws so that you don't need to use a cracker at the table.

1248787707.jpg

The tomato sauce and the parsley go in to simmer. I also added a whole bottle of some tomato wine that I made a few years ago. It suck in a glass but it's GREAT on the stove. How much hot pepper you add is a matter of personal taste. If I were making it just for myself I might use most of this spoonfull, but since I was making it for SWMBO I just used a pinch.

1248787781.jpg

I put the lobster heads in to simmer with the sauce for 30 minutes or so.

1248787948.jpg

Then I stand the heads upright to let all the good stuff drain out and then that goes back in the pot.

1248788146.jpg

We almost bought four lobsters tonight. The asian market we go to had a tank of 3 and 4 pounders for 9.99 a lb. they looked good. Next time we go I know what I'll be doing with those lobsters. Either this or deep fry them and serve with pinto beans, flour tortillas, and corn on the cob. We used to go to Puerto Nuevo in Mexico for that but it's too dangerous now. Pity...

Back