Att: Canadian Keggers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear yuh. When I first moved to Kelowna, I was looking for soething completely unrelated to automotive and My Dad was with me. He said "Have you looked in PA?" I was thinking, "Why would the have it in a car parts place". LOL

In some ways I wish I had never discovered Princess Auto....

I have been waiting patiently for my work week to finish so I could get into Princess Auto and buy a couple of corneys. The first store I searched all over, and none of the staff knew what I was talking about, I finally saw a cart full and grabbed 2 off the top when another employee stopped me and said that those were being held for someone. (Himself, I'm sure grrrr...) But they called the next store over, where they still had some in stock. Now I am $100 poorer but 4 kegs richer. Slowly, but surely my dreams are coming to fruition. :)

i hear ya man, i got 3 last week and they sit so patiently ion my basement... and I look at them fondly every now and then if I am nearby...

soon I will have a c02 tank and all the other Accoutrements to build mah kegeratah!
:tank:

I just picked up a couple more, as well. One was practically brand new. No dents, not even a mark on the posts.

Of course, I left with two kegs and about $80 in other stuff. That store is addictive.

I saw them there. They looked like the were in pretty good shape. I would rather go to a restraunt and give them a $20 bill though. It's cheaper, you know they hold pressure and you can normally get a good assortment to look through.

Mind you one of my good friends is a manager at princess auto so finding a good one wouldn't be much of a problem.

I saw them there. They looked like the were in pretty good shape. I would rather go to a restraunt and give them a $20 bill though. It's cheaper, you know they hold pressure and you can normally get a good assortment to look through.
I would rather pay the extra $5 and know that I legally purchased them. The ones at the restaurant are the property of Pepsi, and the deposit that the restaurants pay is only a damage deposit (they don't pay the full purchase price).

[No keg-ethics flame wars please.]

I just picked up 2 here in Moncton. At the cash they asked If I made beer.. She said they sold alot of them..

That's a good price by any standards, and with the exchange rate reversed the way it is now $25 CAN is something like $1.50 USD. If I needed kegs, it'd almost be worth a trip north.

That's why it has a misleading name. It's a top secret facility. Kind of a Canadian version of Area 51.

I'm reeeeeeeeealy suprised they don't just merge with Tim Hortons.

Hey I have a Tim Hortons.... its about 20 minutes from me.... but your still forgetting my favorite quote " Maine thats in Canada right?" :off: anywho Happy for all you ayeholes that found cheap Kegs.

Hey I have a Tim Hortons.... its about 20 minutes from me.... but your still forgetting my favorite quote " Maine thats in Canada right?" :off: anywho Happy for all you ayeholes that found cheap Kegs.

OK we'll make you an honorary Canadian. But you have to go out and pay double for everyhing you buy then send 13% sales tax to us. Oh and double your income tax. :D

There is a PA in moncton, NB

PRINCESS AUTO

Just show your "pull up the rim" tim's cup at the border. I think you can buy medical supplies with a Tims cup as well.

I picked up two at the store in Winnipeg. I don't know how many more they have, but at that price, I'm tempted to get more.

I'm suprised people pay any more then $30 for a used keg. It took 5 phone calls to random chinese food places before I found one that would sell me a keg. Got them for a $20 each.

I noticed the princess auto ones don't have pressure in them. The ones I got still had pressure in them and the gaskets were still good.

I'm suprised people pay any more then $30 for a used keg. It took 5 phone calls to random chinese food places before I found one that would sell me a keg. Got them for a $20 each.

I noticed the princess auto ones don't have pressure in them. The ones I got still had pressure in them and the gaskets were still good.

You better check them for mice! (And stop trolling.) :mad:

Is Princess Auto like Canadian Tire? You know, that place that sells everything but tires? Or they may or may not sell tires?

Well Crappy tire does sell tires. Princess auto is an.. experience.

Cheap tools etc, hydrolics, some farm stuff, HUGE surplus section with sometimes the oddest things. Computer fans to roll up compter keyboards to air pisstons to high end audio/video cables (for cheap) to......cornie kegs. I even found a coleman "Fishing rod pen". The rollers for my grain crusher came from surplus. MY electric fence was from their farm section.

As for tires, they have trailer tires on rims and I saw some cheapo truck tores (meant to be spares?) on rims. For the most part they only tires they sell are trailer and atv tires.

You can download a catalog off their site. They have a flyer every two weeks and everything on it is pretty cheap. The have a "no sale is final till you are satisified" return policy.

I just picked up 3 from Princess Auto in Coquitlam. They said they just got a bunch in. They only had 2 junkers on the floor but a bunch of beauties in the warehouse, just gotta ask them. Pretty cool store too, first time there, will have to go back to satisfy other desires one of these days.

Still an inch of pepsi left in them, think I will give them a thorough cleaning tomorrow before my kegerator parts arrive. This is really exciting.

Back