Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to painting and staining. Used a bronze color hammered finish paint. And finally named the brewery too!

Interesting paint job, looks really nice! You do know there's already a Back Forty Beer Co., right? Their Truck Stop Honey is amazing.

wow there have been some great additions since the last time I visited this thread. good work everyone.

Figure I should add my keezer. It's a 3 keg keezer with a PVC tower and oak bar top.

35213_1334736257500_2957542_n.jpg

Finally got around to painting and staining. Used a bronze color hammered finish paint. And finally named the brewery too!

View attachment 161655

I see we both had the same idea for a drip tray.:mug: Anyway....here's my simple build from over the thanksgiving break. Started with an old rusty $60 craigslist find.

Attachments

• 20131117_163707.jpg
    20131117_163707.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,537
  • 20131127_155722.jpg
    20131127_155722.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,547
  • 20131123_133855.jpg
    20131123_133855.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20131123_133337.jpg
    20131123_133337.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,551
  • 20131130_152240.jpg
    20131130_152240.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,564
Lost_Arkitekt said:
JCB, As an architect and a furniture designer/builder, I have to say that although it isn't my aesthetic (like modern and mid-century modern), I really appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail. Great dovetails on the keezer collar. Keep up the good work and letting people know that fine craftsmanship still exists in the U.S.A.! Cheers! :mug:

Thanks, Lost A. I dig the clean lines and curves in mid century modern. Wanted more of a pub feel for this project though and I dig mixed materials. The design evolved as it was built. I thought about more that 3 taps, but I think for what I brew, and how frequently I brew, that's just about right for me. Going to do a Wells Banana Bread clone as the first batch to run through the taps. Total aside from the homebrew or keezer concepts in this thread but would love to see some pictures of your furniture!

Here's my new set-up:

That looks like mine when I bought it. I replaced the tower with a three tap. I can fit two 5 gallon kegs and a three gallon keg on the compressor hump. I had to make a little two legged stand to balance the keg on the hump.

The CO2 fits in a little stand on the back.

I added a stout tap to my keezer last night. I still have to get the beer gas and the lines hooked up. Of course now I need to brew something for that tap too...it's a never ending cycle :D

I did a bit of basement remodeling as well. This keezer build has turned into a full on basement remodel since I have to have a nice area to enjoy the fruits of my labors. I installed chair rail, painted and added a drop ceiling.

okxkzs7.jpg

Been meaning to do a complete post with lots of DIY build pics, but I'll add it to this thread until then.

This was my 'proof of principle' to get the hang of building a keezer and kegging beer. I went small so I could learn some lessons before building a large one in the future.

I used an Igloo 5.2cf freezer with 'refrigerate' mode. It's been holding around 40 degrees, which is just fine for me until I get fancier with more dialed in temp control. Plus, at $160 and no external temp controller needed, I figured I would give it a shot.

I can fit two 5-gallons on the floor and a 3-gallon on the hump. I could have gone with a taller collar to fit another 5-gallon on the hump, but this is enough for now. I covered the entire thing with chalk spraypaint, so I can write all over it. My driptrap is mounted to a piece of baseboard molding that I glued to the keezer. I can easily remove the tray for cleaning. The basket provides a great spot for slightly chilled glasses.

Can't wait for my DIPA to be ready and flowing from the second faucet in about two weeks.

2 freezer.JPG

complete outside.JPG

complete inside.JPG

I still have to add a trip try, cap catcher, and chalkboard paint, but here she is!

q2NbCZLh.jpg

and first pour. NB Smashing Pumpkin Ale, it was delicious and gone about 2 weeks later.

GByibROh.jpg

Very nice Sixmile! I love the stained wood! I'd like to hear how you worked that wood top into your build.

I actually went to my uncle for cutting the 4 pieces, as I originally just wanted a collar on top, and planned on laying the freezer lid on top of the collar. I live in an apartment and have limited access to tools, and figured he'd be much better to go to since he's works in cabinetry, than the guy from Home Depot who didn't understand the board measurements I gave him. Anyways, when I went to pick up the cut beams, a fully enclosed and insulated lid awaited me (he always goes above and beyond - he's awesome). The lid looks to me like it was all glued together as I can't make out any nail holes. So I'm guessing he used just a strong wood glue and some grips to hold it all together. The board insulation is screwed into the wood from the inside, and the whole lid is attached to the freezer using the original hinges. My only hiccup was that I attached the lid without removing the temp controller wire, so there is this very slight gradient towards the hinges, but nothing crazy. A thin gasket around the lip would probably take care of that.

All in it's been working great so far. It doesn't seem to cycle much and the beer has been tasty. Now to refill my co2....again

Yea he did. I sanded and stained when I got back. I did one coat of gel stain (which is a pain in the ass to get off the hands) and it did a great job of bringing out the grain. Two coats of polyurethane later and I was good to go.

Here is mine! Have it right next to my couch, so decided to put the Perlick faucets through the door of a 4912 to keep them at the correct height for a couch-pour.

Just water on tap for right now though, until my IPA, and Orange-honey Wheat are done fermenting. Used a scrap piece of green-tinted acrylic and some clear picture hanging squares for the dry erase part, some JB weld and magnets to create the movable bottle caps.

image-2277947332.jpg

image-3387796376.jpg

I had pics of what I wanted, and as I was looking for the chest freezer, this one came up for sale on Craigslist, and on my side of town to boot. .. I bought it the same day, it was exactly what I was gonna build. There is one almost exactly like it here on the board that was my inspiration. ..

First post. Hope it doesn't crash (app) again. Kegerator completed last weekend. Chalkboard paint on the old garage fridge. First keg is tapped and carbonating.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387561428.675648.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1387561439.857218.jpg

Here's what I've been working on. Not 100% done to my satisfaction but operational for tomorrow's Christmas party at our house and not looking half bad if I do say so.

I have four taps running through the wall out the side of the kegerator with taps located behind the bar above the sink. My wife bought me a bunch of parts to upgrade things for my birthday. I'm pretty psyched about it. I have a perlick 575ss creamer, a perlick 525ss, and two standard faucets that I'm sure I'll eventually upgrade. Someday I'd love to have a stout faucet as one of the four taps.

image-1503194084.jpg

image-2307036614.jpg

image-134504101.jpg

image-3631038809.jpg

image-1227293560.jpg

Here's what I've been working on. Not 100% done to my satisfaction but operational for tomorrow's Christmas party at our house and not looking half bad if I do say so.

I have four taps running through the wall out the side of the kegerator with taps located behind the bar above the sink. My wife bought me a bunch of parts to upgrade things for my birthday. I'm pretty psyched about it. I have a perlick 575ss creamer, a perlick 525ss, and two standard faucets that I'm sure I'll eventually upgrade. Someday I'd love to have a stout faucet as one of the four taps.

Is that mirror/shelf thing a headboard for a bed? I swear my parents had the exact same one on their waterbed when I was a kid

Back