Summer Ale in the winter, is it so wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_B

Reaction score
As I sit here nearly finishing the last of my Summer Ales I can't help but to want to brew another batch to last me through the winter. Now granted Florida doesn't have much of a winter I'm stuck between having a righteous house brew all year or having something to look forward to come summer time.

Nah. I'm brewing up one last hurrah to Summer this weekend: a delicious centennial IPA.

I just brewed an APA and have a strawberry blonde on deck. Nothing wrong with Summer beers off season!

I make and drink whatever I feel like drinking. I have porters and stouts in the summer heat, and pilsners in the dead of winter :)

Is it just me or does anyone else think an IPA isn't a "summer beer"? Seems like IPAs are a year-round any kind of weather beer while summer beers are easy drinking sessionable ales. Picky, picky :)

I say brew whatever you want to drink.

True enough! Now I just need another name for the brew so it doesn't suffer from an identity crisis.

Is it just me or does anyone else think an IPA isn't a "summer beer"? Seems like IPAs are a year-round any kind of weather beer while summer beers are easy drinking sessionable ales. Picky, picky :)

I say brew whatever you want to drink.

x2 i like ipa's year round

Back