Help name my recent batch of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyPolock

Reaction score
I'm not as good at coming up with smart names for beers as you guys here, so I'll ask for some assistance.

During my last brew session of a robust porter a honey bee fell into the wort during the boil. It was early in the boil so it would be a bittering bee and not a flavor/aroma bee. I did fish it out pretty quick so it wasn't in there for the full boil, but it should help make for a good name.

So are you looking for a name for this Honey bee porter, or a new one you are currently working on? Whenever I am looking for names I think about any hobbies I have, or songs/artists I like, or something funny in my life.

I don't think I can come up with a better name than Drunken Drone ... but every time you pour a glass for a guest, you should tell them to Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Honey Bee.

As suggested above, Drunken Drone is good. Or Drowning Drone.
Drowning Bee
Bitter Bee Porter
Buzzed Porter
Stung Porter
Bee Killer Porter
Pollinated Porter
Lost Bee Porter

The honey bee that fell into the porter is the one that is in my primary now (honey bee porter). As of right now the drunken drone is in the lead.

Poor Bee Porter (cuz he's dead now)
Black-n-Yellow Porter (bee colors)
Bee Careful Porter (get it? BEEEE careful???)
BeeWare Porter (see above bee pun) :)

Back