Always hear of people complaining about Fedex...know I know why.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
Tracking info says my order from BMW was delivered today at 3pm. Well, my wife was home at the time and no delivery and no package at the front door. Has a couple of vials of yeast in there, so hopefully they can track it down sooner than later. Planning on brewing Friday...we shall see. Oh well...such as life. :cross:

Did you check the garage door? If I'm not home, they sometimes leave mine next to the garage door. Sometimes they don't even bother knocking and just set it at the door.

Our USPS lady throws our packages from her truck at our door. Drives me insane when I catch her doing it.

Had a hell of a time when I lived in a big apartment complex. Seems much better now that I'm in a quiet, semi-rural, neighborhood. The one thing that does bother me though is they just drop it and run... never knock or anything.

I work from home and often the packages are stuff I need to do my work. I end up having to listen for the truck and/or look out on the porch every couple hours.

Tracking info says my order from BMW was delivered today at 3pm. Well, my wife was home at the time and no delivery and no package at the front door. Has a couple of vials of yeast in there, so hopefully they can track it down sooner than later. Planning on brewing Friday...we shall see. Oh well...such as life. :cross:

Oh come on man, you live 50 miles away!!! Just drive up and see Ed... He really is a nice guy!!!

:mug:

My package from BMW arrived today and SWMBO said they dropped it on the front step. They never knock or ring the bell (SWMBO is home all day and receives packages on a regular basis from all carriers...) When I saw from the tracking site that it delivered, I IMed her to ask if it there. She asked if I had a camera on the house since she just heard the truck pull away and hadn't even had a chance to go down to check yet! Had her open it and get the yeast out (smack packs) and get them in the fridge. She said the ice pack was melted, but the yeast was still cool.

Oh come on man, you live 50 miles away!!! Just drive up and see Ed... He really is a nice guy!!!

Haha...actually I don't even think I'm that far away. Yeah, they are all great guys. I've been there a couple of times. Just with two little ones (4 and 3) my time is limited enough. It's all I can do just to get a brew session in. Right now spending the $7 on shipping is well worth it!

Ha! I have been trying to do just this myself, but with my daughter's soccer on Saturdays, it is a bit difficult since we are over in Gwinnett Co. SWMBO suggested that we make a day of it at some point and make a few stops over on that side of town.

Ha! I have been trying to do just this myself, but with my daughter's soccer on Saturdays, it is a bit difficult since we are over in Gwinnett Co. SWMBO suggested that we make a day of it at some point and make a few stops over on that side of town.

And if you have the time, there is usually someone having a brewday / get together around here... Just sayin...

Haha...actually I don't even think I'm that far away. Yeah, they are all great guys. I've been there a couple of times. Just with two little ones (4 and 3) my time is limited enough. It's all I can do just to get a brew session in. Right now spending the $7 on shipping is well worth it!

Fair enough... I know what the traffic can be like around here....

Dude, its not just FedEx, its all carriers. I work for a manufacturing firm and on many occasions we had packages delivered to the wrong address and the driver couldn't remember the address he / she delivered it to and the "wrong" address owner received some rather expensive equipment free of charge and free of legal issue.

...and they let these people drive trucks and vote.

Dude, its not just FedEx, its all carriers. I work for a manufacturing firm and on many occasions we had packages delivered to the wrong address and the driver couldn't remember the address he / she delivered it to and the "wrong" address owner received some rather expensive equipment free of charge and free of legal issue.

...and they let these people drive trucks and vote.

Honestly this is the first time I've ever had an issue with any carrier. Though I'm not sure what happens if they cant locate the package...is Fedex responsible for the loss?

Honestly this is the first time I've ever had an issue with any carrier. Though I'm not sure what happens if they cant locate the package...is Fedex responsible for the loss?

Thats where the insurance comes in. Either private or by the carrier. Carriers have limited liability. You can call them names, question their relationship with homo sapien sapien, but thats about it. Sometimes they make concessions, but its rare. I can only assume the dough head that made the mistake(s) had a stern talking-to and was relegated to the less-than savory runs.

The biggest issue I have with Fedex is that you pay for shipping, pay for taxes and duties when it shows up (Canada) and the a few weeks later I get this bill in the mail for handling and brokerage fees. This is the reason I don't use Fedex anymore.

My FedEx guy doesn't bother to knock or anything. Just leaves the package by the door. Our UPS guy knocks and makes us sign for every package. Knows us by name.

Fed Ex and USPS just dump it and run at my house, while UPS dumps it, rings the door bell and runs.

My package from BMW arrived today and SWMBO said they dropped it on the front step. They never knock or ring the bell (SWMBO is home all day and receives packages on a regular basis from all carriers...) When I saw from the tracking site that it delivered, I IMed her to ask if it there. She asked if I had a camera on the house since she just heard the truck pull away and hadn't even had a chance to go down to check yet! Had her open it and get the yeast out (smack packs) and get them in the fridge. She said the ice pack was melted, but the yeast was still cool.

Check the kids. Don't pay a dime 'til you know for sure. :D

I work at home too. FedEx sneaks up, slaps a note on the door about a missed package, and goes away without knocking. My Boston Terrier usually alerts me when they touch the door though, then I go catch them as they walk away.
UPS knocks, every time.

all of them f-ing blow. especially if you live in a "no-leave" area.

getting a package delivered was useless because I had to drive to the station to pick it up anyway. when I lived in the apts I would just have things sent to my parents.

UPS rings my bell even if i'm on the front porch, lol.

I was running a small Home Theater Installation company from my home and was sent a pair of high end speaker for a demo in consideration of offering the line.

Fed Ex was the carrier.

I knew the speaker were being delivered that day but didn't know when. The only way I discovered taht they had been delivered is because I backed into one of them with my truck. Fortunately I felt the bump, knew something was amiss, and stopped immediately.

The delivery driver had left them on my driveway right in front of the garage door. Didn't even bother to take them to the porch or ring the bell.

The speakers were only slightly damaged but that could have very well been a $10K mistake on a lazy drivers behalf.

Now if only UPS had 24 hour drop off locations here.

USP is not great, but beats the snot out of Fedex home.

Fedex home drivers are contractors, not Fedex employees. They answer to no one, and it shows.

:mad:

I live just down the street from a FedEx hub. I fear for my life around 6 pm when its time for the trucks to return home. The scare the hell out of me. And thats saying something considering my entire driving life has been spent in the Atlanta metro area.

I find it to be UPS > USPS > FedEx.
We have a couple of different drivers for UPS that hit my apartment. Only one of them knocks every time. The rest drop and dash.

Fair enough... I know what the traffic can be like around here....
Where in the GA are you Duckfoot? Sounds like you might be close to BMW's. Which means you may be close to me.

I don't know how UPS works, but I know Fedex drivers are private contractors, or work for a private contractor. They "buy" routes from Fedex, drive Fedex home delivery trucks, etc. It's sort of like a franchise system. You may live in an area with a crappy contractor who runs that route, or you may live in an area where an exceptional contractor runs the route. However, when you complain to Fedex, the contractors hear about it. If they are doing something unreasonable or stupid, don't be afraid to call the local distribution office and complain. They generally crack the whip swiftly on contractors, and contractors can get routes pulled from them and given to another contractor. It's like the "Death Penalty". One of my good friends is a Fedex driver, and I've done some inside office work at a Home Delivery facility, also in a contractor capacity.

Dont know when the last time you were over this way Fletch but they built a Fedex hub at 41 and Old 41 right next to the air port. The biggest issue I have with the drivers is if they can get one inch of their truck into an intersection they will drive the rest of the way regardless of what the stop light tells them to do.

Dont know when the last time you were over this way Fletch but they built a Fedex hub at 41 and Old 41 right next to the air port. The biggest issue I have with the drivers is if they can get one inch of their truck into an intersection they will drive the rest of the way regardless of what the stop light tells them to do.

Hmmm.... McDonald's, Waffle House, Public Storage, boat sales? Where'd they fit the fedex hub?

Y'all know y'all's in Georgia when a newcomer is given directions:
"Go to where the old Crystal Chandelier use to be ..."

Y'all know y'all's in Georgia when a newcomer is given directions:
"Go to where the old Crystal Chandelier use to be ..."

I'll do you one better... I was recently in Macon Mississippi (not GA) and when I was getting directions out of town, I was told to turn left at the Old Texaco. Apparently, the Old Texaco is now a Shell station... and everyone is expected to know that. Luckily I had to get some gas, and I asked the lady where the Old Texaco is, and she said "You standin' here".

In South Carolina they like to use "Big Church on the Corner" for giving directions.
And their are some corners where 3 of the 4 sections have a church on it. All about the same size.

Im going to make you all hate FedEx even more:
every single time you see a fedex truck or logo, you are going to rage

fed-ex.jpg

:rockin: witness the arrow :rockin:

USPS Tracking is horrible I will give you that.
But it seems, for me at least, that the packages arrive on time and in better shape than with FedEx.
Hell the last two packages I ordered were delivered from Fedex via USPS. I was just happy they showed up.

Back