Samual Adams Noble Pils?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomelessWook

Reaction score
i had never even heard of this until my girlfriend walked in the door from work abuot 45 seconds ago with a sixer of this.

thoughts?

i am about to crack one and i will report back.

I had it on draft in a restaurant a couple weeks ago. I am not a fan of pilsner beers, but I thought it was pretty good.

I got a six pack today. Had a few already. Not normally a pils drinker, but this is pretty good. Definitely has a nice crisp flavour.

ya i dont normally drink pilsner either and im not really a fan but it has a lot more flavor then say a miller light.

i would never buy it though.

Plenty of people talking about it on this forum and others. It's pretty highly-regarded.

I had it at a beer festival and thought it was good, but not amazing or anything. I think that's just because, like many of you, I'm not much of a pilsner drinker in the first place.

All this being said, I think I will buy a sixer of it soon and give it another go.

i love pilsners and definitely enjoy this one but there's something in it, can't tell which hop, that seems weird with the other ones... but i like it overall.

I was pretty happy when I heard this was replacing the White Ale, which I never cared for. Plus, I really like German pilsner--great for warm weather--and it's hard to find one around here (when I can find Prima Pils, it's out-of-date and $12 a six-pack).

I had a pint last weekend, but it was at the end of a long night, let's say. SWMBO wasn't impressed, but she prefers hop bombs (and Bud Light Lime, for some reason). I remember thinking it was definitely passable, but I'll have to give it another shot when I can actually taste.

+1 on the the hop not going with the others. I enjoy a good German Pilsner. While this is one of the better pilsner I have had in the States, it does not compare to the best German pilsners.

I'm a fan. There's another thread over in the commercial beers forum if you want more opinions.

I just had it for the first time last night, and I'm a fan. It tasted pretty good for a decent priced six pack.

I didn't care for it at all, not really my style though. I got to try it at an outdoor beer tasting event last month...in MN.

I dig this beer a lot. It is off the beaten path from the normal pilsner out there. It has a nice clean finish and a bright hoppieness that is not so out of ballance that I can't taste anything else. It is a lot better in the summer when it is hot out than it is in the winter, but I have had a few bottles of it get lost in the back of my beer refrigerator. It was old when I found it and was still good. :mug:

Usually a big fan of all the Sam Adams seasonals and specialties, but for some reason this one didn't take. To each his own, though.

I think it's a muddy mix of hops, and tastes metallic in a bad way (I sometimes like the semi-metallic taste of other pilsners, like Jever.) I give them credit for making something like that, and I do think it's better than some of their other beers, but I'm not a big fan.

its alright i guess .. a little on the grassy side for me ... I've had a couple sixers of it in the last few years ... I'm just sorta in the middle about it ... its just OK

Back