2-way switch broken screw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittygouv30

Reaction score
When trying to tighten the NO block to the 2-way switch housing I clearly over tightened it and snapped the screw off inside the hole (see the second picture). Is there anything I can do at thos point or should I just ordered another switch?
Any magic tricks to remove a broken screw from inside the hole?
Should I just liquid nail the 2 together?
My genius solution was to move the contact block to the other side of the switch (see picture 2 the switch on the right is the one in question). I then realized that this probably reverses the on/off positions. I need the on to be on the right and off on the left as I already ordered and recorded my panel tags.
So really the question is how to I get the NO contact block to be on the other side now that there is a screw stuck in the mounting hole.

image-3192565782.jpg

image-3632118880.jpg

I used toggle switches in my build so I'm not completely positive of this but if the left vs right blocks are opposite, couldn't you use a NC block on the other side to get the same effect? You may not have one of those either so that may not help

Thanks guys i might end up trying both ideas. If I can't drill it out then I might just order a NC block and install it on the other side. Can anyone confirm that a NC block on one side would work the same as a NO block on the other side?

Back