Second Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweringbeaz

Reaction score
I finished brewing my first beer an IPA from a kit last week. I will be bottling next weekend and want to brew again. I was thinking of doing Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale. Does anyone have any opinions of this beer or any other recommendations for a nice beginner beer?

I finished brewing my first beer an IPA from a kit last week. I will be bottling next weekend and want to brew again. I was thinking of doing Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale. Does anyone have any opinions of this beer or any other recommendations for a nice beginner beer?

There are a lot of choices that are easy for a beginner to make. Your LHBS probably has kits of a lot of different styles of beers or you can use the recipe section on this website. I'd caution against doing an imperial at this point because they may require starters and better temperature control.

A few of us around here chose Brewer's Best English Brown Ale as a good first beer.

It is a simple brew, doesn't need a long fermentation time or bottle conditioning time, and tastes pretty darn good. It's easily drinkable and enjoyed by all, especially if your taste buds get tired of your IPA!

Back