Holy Clear Beer Batman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Mojo Rising

Reaction score
Just want to say that I am totally impressed with the clarity of my first AG batch. I did 10G Pale Ale and it turned out really well. I think I extracted a few too many tannins, but oh well....Relax...Don't worry...and...habble a..ur..hurmble broom.

Why do you think you extracted tannins? I was really happy when my Kolsch came out crystal clear.

I just kegged a kolsch (nothing but 2 row and a pound of vienna) and the beer line looks like water.

I don't even want to drink the last of my extract beer...a wheat that's just way too dark.

i extracted tannins in my first two all grains because i was squeezing the grain to get all the juice, not knowing that i wasnt supposed to do that. they taste like ****. very astringent and bitter. my third all grain was a gorgeous hefeweizen.

Iordz said:
Why do you think you extracted tannins? I was really happy when my Kolsch came out crystal clear.

There is a very astringent taste to the beer. I used a coffee grinder to grind some grain for the batch that I mistakenly ordered uncrushed. It turned the stuff to dust and I think that may have something to do with it. I may also be the fact that it is only 3 or 4 weeks old and around 45 IBU's. I haven't sorted it out yet, but the taste is diminishing.

Back