Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellgoats

Reaction score
Just stumble upon this at my LHBS while picking up ingredients for today's brew. Bottle conditioned with maple syrup. This should be good!

image-2186718353.jpg

It is the Johnny Cask 75 Minute IPA. Only in a bottle. I need to look for it around here. Is the carb levels lower like the Cask version or did they over carb it?

Johnny_Cask.gif

It is very very good. I picked up two 750s. The first one I had tasted like I was drinking maple syrup straight from the bottle and I hated it. I almost gave the other bottle away but then I realized I was drinking some super hoppy beers right before and prolly trashed my palate. I opened up the second one a couple days later and loved it. Go figure.

landshark said:
It is the Johnny Cask 75 Minute IPA. Only in a bottle. I need to look for it around here. Is the carb levels lower like the Cask version or did they over carb it?

The one thing I did notice it was very over carbed. Very hard to keep the head down even with a very slow pour. Not sure if it was designed to be that way or not.

Back