Pineafelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Thread Killer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I know, I know,.....It can't be done.

But if I wanted to get some pineapple flavor into my afelwein, how could I go about this?

Ive done the straight version, blueberry, apple conectrate, blackberry etc etc..even peach.

Ideas?

How the heck did I miss this in all the searching I have done?

Google may not be my friend anymore.

what do you think? 1 oz= hint of pineapple & 4oz=fresh pineapple gasm?

If you can't make pineapple wine, what did i just do? Is something bad gonna happen or... It was actually a pineapple juice and white grape concentrate wine. It is really young still so taste like a turd(not literally), but it cleared fine and I think will be quit nice. PS I did strain the pineapple juice.

A local place here (florida) makes pineapple wine..it's good stuff, I used it for cooking ham which I later made into a Hawaiian pizza. Good stuff. It's a little intense though.

Many people report that fermenting any citrus type of juice results in a rather unpleasant vomit taste to the beverage. Pineapples are high in citric acid.

Therefore.....

So, in order to get the taste in there, you would do best to euthanize the yeast, add flavoring, and force carb if you want it "sparkling".

Naw, I havent got around to trying it. I did blueberries last time, I'll get another batch started about christmas, then kill the yeast & force carb for summer next summer.

I will deff. use the extract.

Back