Arrowhead or City water? Found water profiles, any thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquisky

Reaction score
I'm getting in to all grain and thinking about water. I checked out the arrowhead water profile and am concerened that the spring water is not very consistent (calcium for spring ranges from 5.3 -60 vs drinking water 5.5 - 11 and bicarb from 25 - 240 for spinrg and only 19-38 for drinking).
I would love any thoughts. I'm considering brewing with the drinking water. Ive never used the tap water before, always bought it.

Here's the link for arrow head: www.nestle-watersna.com/pdf/AH_BWQR.pdf

Please let me know any thoughts.

I'm in el paso, TX the water profile for here is at http://epwu.org/water/pdf/chemanalysis.pdf (I'M ON THE WEST SIDE SO GET THE UPPER VALLEY WATER SUPPLY, 1ST COLUMN).

I know this is an OLD thread, but I live in EP on the west side and I was kind of wondering how things were turning out. Which are you using now and how are your results?

I've recently started brewing all grain as well and I've tried EPWU water with mixed/bad results. The problem is that my process is constantly evolving and I can't definitively pin down the water as the problem...

Cheers!

I've moved to the lower valley. Got a ward labs report when I was on the west side that showed EP water has no redeeming qualities at all for beer brewing. That's from some water gurus and chemestry guys from american homebrewers site. I got to where I was making good beer using distilled water adding salts and using sourmalz (the water chemistry primer in the science section).

Can't wait to add on to the new house so I can start brewing again.

Back