The best compliment on my beer ever!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Oooh! Ick! That's horrible! It's EXACTLY like the bitter you used to drink in the pubs in England.:D

Thanks wifey, you really do know how to make me happy. I've been spending way too long experimenting and I eventually nailed it. A brew I am happy to put my name to and excites me when I open a bottle.

I was starting to think that I should just copy proven recipes and be happy with that, but wifey's comment has put me over the top with happiness in confirming my own thoughts about this brew.......Now I'm gonna have another!! :mug:

I get a similar reaction with some beers and the wife. I know I have it in balance with the hops when she smiles. Anything leaning toward hops gets the face.

Congrats on nailing the recipe btw!

Share the recipe man! Don't withhold the goods!

I will, just as soon as I can replace the dark crystal with a home roasted version. (this thread) It's my goal to minimise the supply list from the LHBS. I'm very excited at the prospect of having a recipe that has a grist that requires a list of instructions on how to build it! :D

Yeah, that's probably a bit weird, I know, but this is the sole reason this brew has taken me so darn long. My home roasting experiments are a real time consumer! :(

"Hard Nipples IPA"... strangely attractive name for a beer. May have to brew that one!

I know my IPA is good when my wife says "ewww... yucky hops!". Although I have never checked for nipple hardness ;)

What? Youv'e never seen Berserker's wife when she has the hard nipples? PM anyone else on the forum for pics. ;)

I kid! I kid!! :D

Reminds me of the joke: "Have any naked pictures of your wife? . . .No? . . . Want some?"

I am so jonesing for some of my bitters that I have been drinking lately that even though I have 7 other kegs on tap I have been considering buying a 6er of some decent bitters.

I will not get stuck again floating a keg of the stuff without a conditioned keg waiting in the wings. I am referring to some iteration of the only recipe I have posted so far. Except now I have shifted to only my own roasted, toasted, and caramelized malts in the grist.

Dang... that brought a tear to my eye. I'm f-in proud of ya. :mug:

I'm proud of me too! :D To be able to have a pub quality bitter any time I wanted was that only reason I started brewing! OK, the home roasting obsession threw a stick in the cogs for a long while, but that's another story. :eek:

Back