I Know, Another Fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagonutz

Reaction score
Here is my build. What started out as a small project quickly grew in size and cost, but whatever. I am able to comfortably fit 4 carboys in, and am able to fit most of my brewing equipment in the top cabinet (minus the keggles). A special shout out to my fellow Devil Dog Nick for the tools, garage space, and general carpentry skills. He's got mad woodworking skills, yo! (Jesse Pinkman voice). Thanks to all of you that I have poached off of as I lurked through your posts for hours on end!

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

I see the temp regulator but what are you using to cool/heat this guy? I don't see a heater or a mini fridge. Very cool though, I wish I had a ferm chamber like this.

I gutted an old Haier mini-fridge, the compressor is mounted on the right side underneath the shelve. I put the cooling element on the shelf with a computer fan wired in. The heating element is a reptile heating cord that I've since mounted around the inside bottom of the chamber (not pictured). So far it seems to be extremely efficient, although the real test will come this summer. In hindsight I probably would have just built the chamber around the fridge, as it was a pain gutting that thing, but I was a fun project nonetheless. I hope to get more pics up.

Some progress. We wired a reptile cord around the bottom of the chamber and insulated the door with 2 in foam board. The first color I chose was American Walnut, but it turned out to be a little too red. I then chose Van Dyke Brown and it came up perfectly. It's now ready to rock, and will be taking her maiden voyage this Sunday with a Dogfish Head 90. She is named Charlena (those children of the 80's who saw "La Bamba" a million times will hopefully get a kick out of that). Once again thanks to all of you who I plagiarized in building this baby.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Back