Best Beer Bars in America

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flhrpi said:
Next fall we all need to meet at the GABF in Denver and meet up here http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/ this place is awesome.
Man, that does look great! I'd love to go to the GABF and this would be a 'must stop' for me.

I went with the girlfriend last weekend to LaCrosse, WI and I have to put a word in for the Bodega Brew Pub. Check out their beer list. A nice place where you can street watch and sample a great selection of beer. She & I were there for several hours, drank more beers than I can count and the whole bill was $35.00.:tank: Cheap by Chicago standards!:) My favorites were Moose Drool and City Winter Porter on tap and Tyranena's Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Brown in bottle.

Suds & Suds in Corvallis, OR (home of Oregon State University). This pub was never very crowded and I understand why. They have a coin-op laundromat in the back and about 50 different beers of the world available up front (hence the name Suds & Suds). Needless to say, I did my laundry there pretty frequently.

The other cool thing was that you got a punch card and if you drank every beer on the menu you got your name engraved on a plaque on the wall and a free t-shirt that says "I drank my way around the world at Suds & Suds". What more incentive does one need? I loved it.

AHU

did i see a segment about suds and suds on the food network the other day?

Two things make a great beer bar IMO: 1) at least 60 beers available that are thoughtfully chosen to represent the myriad of styles of beer. Unlike the bar here that has 100 beers and 25 of them are amber ales.
2) GAMES...pool, golden tee, darts, shuffleboard, a card table, and a beer pong table is a definite plus.

CROCKS in virginia beach is my bar...thursday night is 1 dollar coronas and there is a band and most importantly TONS of hotties...(if i want good beer i just go to my closet) im not married so i go where the b****es are; not necesserily the good beer...

Boondoggles Pub in El Lago, TX

It's just a couple miles down the road from the Johnson Space Center.

50 draft beers and more than 60 bottled beers, including almost twenty beers from four different Texas breweries. Great specialty pizzas, sandwiches and appetizers. Steaks on Monday, Texas-themed food on Tuesday, big beer on Wednesday, crawfish, crab and shrimp on Thursday, and fish & chips on Sunday. Really awesome environment, tons of wood everywhere, wood-burning pizza oven, and a fireplace. Very cozy. And oh yeah, I work there. :fro:

Cheesefood said:
I like this place. They have great food, and an awesome beer selection:

http://www.bavarian-lodge.com/beerlist.html

OH yeah, you can buy draught beers in 48oz mugs!!!

Nice! Looks excellent.

I especially like this quote from the bottom of the beer list...
IF YOU'VE READ THIS FAR AND FOUND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU LIKE _
Miller Lite

ROFLMAO! :rockin:

Ize

Cheesefood said:
They used to call it "Good beer's American Cousin".

That might be a good location for the 1st SNIZZLE meeting - if we ever get our heads out of our collective arses.

Next fall we all need to meet at the GABF in Denver and meet up here http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/ this place is awesome.

I've been driving out to GABF each year since 1995 and have been to the Falling Rock each of the last 10 of those years. It is a great bar and serves as beer central during the week of the festival. Every brewer from every major brewery in the U.S. is at the Falling Rock beginning that Wednesday before festival opening. Chris Black, the owner is extremely knowledgable as is the rest of the staff. They also bring in some amazing beers that week. Many of them brewed specifically for the various events scheduled in conjunction with the festival.

Now a few NW bars worth mention.

The Horsebrass Pub in Portland OR. http://www.horsebrass.com/ Great selection, 5 cask engines and a specialty bottle shop right next door.

Concordia Ale House in Portland OR. No website but here's what Beer Advocate has to say. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11677/

The Beveridge Place Pub in Seattle WA. http://www.beveridgeplacepub.com/ Consistently voted best pub in Washington each year.

The Collins Pub in Seattle WA. http://www.thecollinspub.com/ This is my local. Great attention to the beers and the best food I've had in a pub.

rdwj said:
That might be a good location for the 1st SNIZZLE meeting - if we ever get our heads out of our collective arses.

Good idea. I'm so frustrated with everything at this point. :off: (Rant in progress) SWMBO finally got a decent enuf job to make up for the one I let her get rid of because of the stress. However it put quite the dent in financials. The new job becomes permanent in 60 days, Thank God. Needless to say I've been trying to keep my temper and be supportive and all the other happy bull#$&*, but I'm about ready to be able to do the things I'D like for a change tyvm.... (end of rant)

Ize

rdwj said:

I recommended this place for a SNIZZLE meeting. Awesome food in huge portions and big beers. What more could we want? Topless waitresses? Unfortunately it doesn't offer those. (But if it did...)

I second the nomination! I've driven past and meant to go, but just haven't. It's on my way home from work and not too far from home. Now, it's just a matter of when?

I might just stop there after work this Thursday (12/14)! After this weekend, they are closed until Dec. 27th. What about the 29th?! Or would sometime after the new year be better?

Rhoobarb said:
I second the nomination! I've driven past and meant to go, but just haven't. It's on my way home from work and not too far from home. Now, it's just a matter of when?

I might just stop there after work this Thursday (12/14)! After this weekend, they are closed until Dec. 27th. What about the 29th?! Or would sometime after the new year be better?

I think I'm free on the 29th.

Its been a few years since I've lived there, but The Old Toad in Rochester, NY was always a great pub to stop in and sample the selection.

Liars Club is a real gem of a bar in San Diego if you like Beers and burgers . They always have a large selection of local micro brews on tap, at least ten different beer from five or six local breweries. they have coors light and miller light but it is Not recommended...on Friday night it is local beer night and all local beers on tap are 2.50! and on regular nights the beers are 3.25! and they have one features cask conditioned ale they get from local breweries. a few weeks ago it was Stone double oakie bastard Ummm Ummm good!

they also have great food, game nights and more.

Parking sucks around there, but I'm lucky and can ride my bike there and back. :mug:

Shmohel said:
Mot sure how anyone has not listed the Brickskeller on this list.

http://www.thebrickskeller.net/

I love the Brickskeller. I haven't been in a few years, but it is amazing and I definitely have to go again someday soon now!

I went to the Brickskeller for my bachelor party. Sad that I'd rather sample beer than see naked women dancing around a pole...:D

Bsquared said:
Liars Club is a real gem of a bar in San Diego if you like Beers and burgers . They always have a large selection of local micro brews on tap, at least ten different beer from five or six local breweries. they have coors light and miller light but it is Not recommended...on Friday night it is local beer night and all local beers on tap are 2.50! and on regular nights the beers are 3.25! and they have one features cask conditioned ale they get from local breweries. a few weeks ago it was Stone double oakie bastard Ummm Ummm good!

they also have great food, game nights and more.

Parking sucks around there, but I'm lucky and can ride my bike there and back. :mug:

They also have, arguably, the best juke box in town.

If street parking isnt available, those of us who have to drive there can always park out at santa clara point which is to the east at the first light south of the Liar's Club and keep in mind that the pint looking glasses of beer they sell are 14oz and not 16oz which helps keep their prices low.

The food there is freaking fantastic. Especially if you like it spicy

I'm a traditionalist. I like old-time taverns where you can shoot the **** with a barmaid that swears like a drunken sailor, play a game of cribbage or sheepshead, and drink incredible beer brewed on site. Rowland's Calumet Brewing Company fits this bill. Set in the hick town of Chilton WI, (Chilton is also the home of the Briess Malting Company) pop 3500. They don't serve food, just an occasional pizza, but the beer is awesome. And don't dare order a BMC- they don't have any.:mug:

I went to D.C. for the superbowl this weekend and made a point to stop into the Brickskeller. The food was bad to passable, but the beer selection was to die for. Prices weren't too bad either, Portsmouth in New Hampshire is more expensive. I got to try Damnation, Stone's Russian Imperial Stout, and Lagunitas' Censored Copper Ale. I also had an Arrogant Bastard, not my first (thanks again Bird), but a comfortable return after so many unknowns.

The place has been recommended before and I recommend it as well, just eat somewhere else first.

Okay, it's not quite as good as the Brickskeller, but check out Barley's Taproom if you're ever in Knoxville. Great place for beer lovers.

On a recent trip to St. Louis I stopped at Growler's Pub They have a fine list of 150+ beers and the food was great too. Check out the Scotch Eggs! Yummy! I enjoyed a 1554, Duvel, St. Bernardus Trippel, Chimay, and a Skullsplitter. There were many many more on the menu that I would have loved to have. Definitely worth the trip! :mug:

Dude said:
Blackhorse Pub and Brewery, Clarksville, TN

Im going to second this one. SWMBO is from Clarksville, so everytime we go out to see her parents I make sure that the Blackhorse is on the list of things to do.

This is a great thread, thanks for keeping it going.

My two faves are:

for a HUGE choices of beers, The Oak Cafe in Wyandotte, Michigan. Roughly 250+ brews to choose from, lots of locals that you just can't find anywhere else.

for fantastic food and good local brews, Firkin in Libertyville, Illinois. Not so much choice, but what they have is great. This is where I found and fell in love with New Holland's Dragon's Milk. *happy sigh*

The Brickskeller is really good. However, most of their beers are bottled and they only have a dozen or so on tap (it rotates).

If you want good draft beer, check out RFD (www.lovethebeer.com). It's the restaurant version of the Brickskeller, owned and operated by the same people. However, their focus is more on draft beer than bottled beer. So they only have something like 300 beers in bottles, but they have the largest tap selection in DC (and the largest I've ever seen).

dblvsn said:
On a recent trip to St. Louis I stopped at Growler's Pub They have a fine list of 150+ beers and the food was great too. Check out the Scotch Eggs! Yummy! I enjoyed a 1554, Duvel, St. Bernardus Trippel, Chimay, and a Skullsplitter. There were many many more on the menu that I would have loved to have. Definitely worth the trip! :mug:

I pass by one of their locations on my way home from work. Their fish and chips are decent, but their chicken wings are insanely good - and HUGE!!! I just might have to stop in sometime this week...

Oh and their beer garden is a wonderful place to spend a sunny afternoon.

ok here we go. Great thread by the way!

best beer bar in CT:
Eli Cannons
Middletown, CT
http://www.elicannons.com/

here is a list of just the taps:

ACE California Cider
Allagash Brewing
Allagash Brewing Double
Aventinus
Ayinger Oktoberfest Marzen
Ayinger Unweisse
Ayinger Dunkel
Ayinger Oktoberfest
Ballard Bitter IPA
Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale
Bass Ale
Becks Quality Pilsmer
Becks Oktoberfest
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Beamish Irish Stout
Blind Faith
Blue Heron Pale Ale
Bluebird Bitter
Bluefin Stout
Bluemoon
Bluemoon Pumpkin
Boddingtons Pub Ale
Breckenridge Brewery - Avalanche
Brooklyn Broooklyner Weisse
Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn Brown
Brooklyn Porter
Brooklyn East IPA
Brooklyn Monster Barleywine
Brooklyn Oktoberfest
Brooklyn Pennant Pale Ale
Buzzard Bay Lager
Buzzard Bay Pale Ale
Caledonian Brewery 80
Celebrator
Cider Jack Raspberry Hard Cider
Cooperstown Old Slugger
Cooperstown IPA
Cooperstown Porter
Corsendonk Abbey Pale Ale
Corsendonk Monk's Brown Ale
Cottrell Old Yankee Ale
Curim Wheat
De Groen's marzen
Delirium tremens
Delirium nocturne
Dogfish 60 Minute IPA
Dogfish Apriltop
Dogfish 90 Minute IPA
Dogfish Chickory Stout
Dogfish India Brown
Double Diamond
Dog Toberfest
Eli's Apache Attack Ale
Eli's BugSpray
Eli's Pumpkin Patch
Erdinger Hefeweizen Dark
Eye of the Hawk Ale
Flying Dog IPA
Flying Dog In Heat Wheat
Flying Dog K9
Flying Dog Old Scratch
Farmington River Mahogany
Farmington River Blonde Ale
Franziskaner Weissbier
Guiness Irish Stout
Harpoon Munich Dark
Harpoon Octoberfest
Harpoon Pilsner
Harpoon IPA
Harpoon 100 BBL Series
Harpoon UFO
Highland Tartan Ale Piper
Hoegaarden Beligan White Ale
Hooker Octoberfest Lager
Imperial Stout
Ipswich Original Ale]
Ipswich Porter
Ipswich Rootbeer
John Courage Amber Lager
LongTrail Hibernator
LongTrail Indian Pale Ale
LongTrail Ale
Longtrail Harvest Ale
Lowenbrau Pilsner
Magic Hat Blind Faith
Magic Hat Hocus Pocus
Magic Hat Humble Patience
Magic Hat Miss Bliss
Magic Hat Rave II
Maudite
Mocha Porter Roque
Murphys Insh Stout
New England Atlantic Amber
Newport Storm
Newport Storm Oktoberfest
Ommegang Witte
Old Engine Oil
Old Speckled Hen
Olde Burnside Ten Penny Ale
Otter Creek A Winter's Ale
Ottercreek Copper Ale
Ottercreek Mud Rock Spring Ale
Ottercreek Oktoberfes
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Past Road Pumpkin Ale
Pilsner Urquell
Post Road Ale
Red Hook Hoptoberfest Draft Ale
Red Hook Sun Rye
Red Hook Winterhook
Red Hook IPA
Red Hook Brown
Red Hook ESB
Rogue Brutal Bitter
Rogue Imperial Stout
Rogue n Berry Ale
Rogue Saint Red
Roque Brutal bitter
Sam Adams - Oktoberfest
Sam Adams Boston Ale
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Salson DuPont
Saranac Black Forest
Saranac Chocolate Amber
Saranac Lager
Sea dog Blueberry Wheat Ale
Shipyard Export Ale
Shipyard Fuggles IPA
Shipyard Light Ale
Shipyard Longfellow IPA
Shipyard LongFellow Winter Ale
Shipyard Old Thumper
Shipyard Winter Brew
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Porter
Smuttynose IPA
Spaten Mai Bock
Spaten Munich
Spaten Munich Optimator
Stella Artois
Strongbow Hard Cider
Thomas Hooker Golden Lager
Thomas Hooker Munich Style Golden Lager
Tremont Pale Ale
Tremont IPA
Troubadour Blond
Tucher Weizen
Unibrüe Ephemere
Vanberg and Dewulf Rodenback
Van Dive
Victory Hop Devil IPA
Victory Storm King Stout
Warsteiner
Weish Ale
Whitbread
Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen
Wolaver's Brown Ale
Wolaver's Pale Ale
Woodchuck Hard Cider
Yellow Snow Ale
Youngs Winter Warmer
Youngs Oatmealt Stout
Youngs Ram Rod

add to that about a hundered bottles and 30 rotating casks put it exactally 4 blocks from my house and I am in heaven. serious trouble can be had in that small building. no exageration, 4 blocks!

Best brew Pub in CT:
Bru Rm @ Bar
New Haven, CT
http://www.barnightclub.com/index.html

MMMmmm, Damn good stout.

it's belgian beer month at the toronado in san francisco - gotta love it !

DRAFTS as of 4/03/07

1 Achouffe Houblon
2 Achouffe NiceL'Choffe
3 Affligem Blond
4 Bosteels Kwak
5 Cantillion Iris
6 Chimay Triple
7 De Dolle Stille Nacht
8 De Proef Saison Imperiale
9 De Reganboog `t Smisje Kerst
10 De Reganboog `t Smisje Double
11 De Reganboog `t Smisje Speciale
12 De Reganboog `t Smisje Vuuve
14 De Rocs Triple Imperial
15 de Silly Scotch Silly
16 DeKoninck Ale
17 DeRanke Pere Noel
18 Dupont Avec Le Bons Voeux
19 Grimbergen Double
20 Het Anker Triple
St. Bernardus Apt. 12 21 Het Anker Gouden Carolous Noel
22 Hoegaarden Wit
23 Huyghe Delirium Tremens
24 Huyghe Delirium Noel
25 La Rulles Voeux
26 Lindemans Pomme
27 Lindemans Raspberry
28 Petrus Bruin
29 St Bernardus Abt 12
30 St Bernardus Celis Grotten Brown
31 St Feullien Noel
32 Urthel Hop It
33 Urthel Samaranth
34 Van Steenberge Piraat
35 Van Steenberge Gulden Draak
36 Van Steenberge Boucanier Gold
37 Van Steenberge Boucanier Red
38 Van Steenberge Boucanier Dark
39 Von Honsbrouck Brigand

BOTTLES

Brewery Beer Name
AFFLIGEM NOËL
BOON FRAMBOISE
BOON KRIEK
BOON GUEUZE
BOON GUEUZE MARIAGE PARFAIT
BOTTLEWORKS TRIPLE KRULLEKOP
BOTTLEWORKS VAN DEN VERN
BRASSERIE DES ROCS GRAND CRU
CANTILLON LOU PEPE KRIEK 2004
CANTILLON LOU PEPE FRAMBOISE 2001
CANTILLON GRAND CRU
CANTILLON LOU PEPE GUEUZE 2003
Cantillon Glass CANTILLON SAINT LAMVINUS
CHIMAY ALE
CHIMAY ALE
CHIMAY GRAND RESERVE
CHIMAY GRAND RESERVE
D' ECAUSSINNES ULTRABRUNE
D'ACHOUFFE N'ICE CHOUFFE 2003
D'ACHOUFFE N'ICE CHOUFFE 2006
DE ACHELSE TRAPPIST ACHEL 8
DE ACHELSE BRUIN
DE ACHELSE ACHEL EXTRA BRUIN
DE BLAUGIES SAISON D' EPEAUTRE
DE DOLLE BROUWERS OERBIER SPECIAL RESERVA 2002
DE DOLLE BROUWERS STILLE NACHT 2004
DE DOLLE BROUWERS OERBIER SPECIAL RESERVA 2005
DE DOLLE BROUWERS EXTRA STOUT
DE GLAZEN TOREN CANASTER SCOTCH
DE GLAZEN TOREN JANLICH WIT
DE GLAZEN TOREN ONDINEKE TRIPEL
DE RANKE XX BITTER
DE REGENBOOG `T SMISJE DUBBEL
DE REGENBOOG BB BOURGONDIER
DE REGENBOOG `T SMISJE CALVA RESERVA
DRIE FONTEINEN OUDE GUEUZE 2004
DRIE FONTEINEN SCHAARBEEK KRIEK
DUBUISSON SCALDIS
DUBUISSON SCALDIS NOËL 2004
DUBUISSON SCALDIS NOËL 2005
DUBUISSON SCALDIS NOËL 2006
DUBUISSON SCALDIS NOËL 2006 PREMIUM
DUBUISSON SCALDIS PRESTIGE
Dupont Avec Les Bon Voeuex DUPONT AVEC LES BONS VOEUX 2004
DUPONT AVEC LES BONS VOEUX 2005
DUPONT AVEC LES BONS VOEUX 2006
FANTÔME BRISE-BONBONS
GIRARDIN GUEUZE
Brewery Beer Name
HANSSENS OUDE GUEUZE
HANSSENS MEADE THE GUEUZE
HANSSENS KRIEK
HET ANKER GOUDEN CAROLUS TRIPLE
HET ANKER CAROLUS NOËL 2004
HET ANKER CAROLUS NOËL 2005
HET ANKER CAROLUS NOËL 2006
KERKOM BINK BLOESEM
KERKOM BINK BROWN
KERKOM WINTERKONINKSKE
MOORTGAT DUVEL
orval-westmalle-glasses.jpg ORVAL ORVAL
OUD BEERSEL OUDE KRIEK
ROCHEFORT TRAPPIST 6
ROCHEFORT TRAPPIST 8
SINT PIETERS ZINNEBIR BLONDE
SINT PIETERS ZINNEBIR XMAS
SLAAPMUTSKE TRIPLE NIGHTCAP
ST. BERNARDUS ABT 12 SPECIAL EDITION
ST. FEUILLIEN TRIPLE
VAL DIEU WINTER ALE
VERHAEGHE ECHT KRIEK
WESTMALLE DOUBLE
WESTMALLE TRIPLE
WITKAP PATER
WITKAP TRIPLE

Anyone familiar with The Beer Sellar in Nashville, TN? I went there on a road trip once - they had 50 taps and like 100 or 200 different varieties in bottle. Not as much as some of these other places yall are mentioning but not bad. The atmosphere was alright (I was there on a sunday night, so the vibe was kindof on the DL), but they had one of those damn internet jukeboxes. Those things are to music what Bud Light is to beer, they should be outlawed.

Ok Heres my pics:

Sharp Edge in pittsburgh , Pa - http://sharpedgebeer.com/html/full.htm - Best Belgian house i've been too.

El Bait Shop in Des Moines, Ia - Best Beer Bar in Iowa IMHO, 105 beers on tap, and a mean burrito too boot.

McSorleys old ale house in Ny, Ny - http://www.mcsorleysnewyork.com/
hands down the best bar in the US. and the oldest? 153yrs.. damn place just has history.

Chimone said:
Im going to second this one. SWMBO is from Clarksville, so everytime we go out to see her parents I make sure that the Blackhorse is on the list of things to do.

Ok, heading out to Clarksville from the 10th - 15th. Im going to try and see if I cant volunteer some and maybe help out at the Blackhorse while Im there.

If anyone is in the area and wants to have quite a few pints one night, then shoot me a PM

OK. My turn.
We had a chance to go to the Falling Rock Tap house in Down Town Denver during the HBC and what a selection of beers they have!
http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beerlist.html

Tap Pale
COLORADO
1. Avery IPA
2. Kaltenberg Weisse
3. New Belgium Trippel
4. New Belgium Sunshine Wheat
5. Odells Easy Street Wheat
6. Sandlot Barman Pils
7. Tabernash Weiss
UNITED STATES
8. Anchor Liberty Ale
9. Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA
10. Blue Moon White
11. Bridgeport IPA
12. North Coast Pranqster
13. Pyramid Apricot Ale
14. Redhook Blonde
15. Widmer Blonde
16. Widmer Hefe Weizen
GERMANY
17. Paulaner Hefe Weizen
18. Paulaner Pils
19. Paulaner Urtyp Lager
20. Reissdorf Kolsch
21. Warsteiner
GREAT BRITAIN
22. Fullers London Pride
CZECH REPUBLIC
23. Pilsner Urquell
CANADA (yes, Canada)
24. Harp
SCOTLAND
25. Tennents
HOLLAND
26. Grolsch
BELGIUM
27. Hoegaarden White
28. La Chouffe

Tap Amber
COLORADO
29. Bull & Bush Man Beer
30. Cheshire Cat Arrogant Brit
31. Flying Dog Doggie Style
32. Great Divide Denver Pale Ale
33. Left Hand Sawtooth
34. New Belgium Fat Tire
35. Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale
36. Rockyard Hopyard IPA
37. Tabernash Oktoberfest
UNITED STATES
38. Anchor Steam
39. Full Sail Amber
40. Redhook ESB
41. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
GERMANY
42. Diebels Alt
43. Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest
44. Paulaner Oktoberfest
45. Spaten Oktoberfest

Tap Dark
COLORADO
46. Avery Hog Heaven
47. Bristol Laughing Lab Scottish
48. Bull & Bush Big Ben Brown
49. Golden City Old Centurion
50. Great Divide St. Brigid's Porter
51. Left Hand Black Jack Porter
52. Odells 90 Shilling
53. Redfish Angry Monk
UNITED STATES
54. Anchor Porter
55. Redhook Nitro-Blackhook
56. Shiner Bock
IRELAND
57. Guinness
58. Beamish Stout
Germany
59. Paulaner Salvator
HOLLAND
60. La Trappe Quadruple

Bottles Pale
COLORADO
Budweiser Coors
Ommegang Hennipin
BELGIUM
Belle Vue (kriek,Fram)
Blaugies La Monueuse
Boon (Kriek,Faro,Framboise)
Boon Marriage Parfait Framboise
(vintage reserve 750 ml)
Cantillon
- Iris
-Kriek
- Rose de Gambrinus
- Vignerone
Chimay White (750 ml, 11.2oz)
Clovis
Corsendonk Pale
Duvel
Fantome (750ml)
Fantome Ete (750ml)
Hannsen's (Kriek, Gueuze, Oubietje)
Leffe Blonde
Lindemans(kriek, fram.,peche)
Piraat
Quintine Blonde
Saison DuPont (750ml)
Westmalle Trippel
MEXICO
Bohemis
Corona
Tecate
CANADA
Fosters (24oz can)
La Fin du Monde
GREAT BRITAIN
Boddingtons
JAMAICA
Red Stripe
JAPAN
Hitachino Wit Beer (24oz)
Sapporo (24oz.)
UNITED STATES
Allagash Trippel
Hair of the Dog Golden Rose
Rolling Rock
HOLLAND
Heineken
NEW ZEALAND
Steinlager (24 oz)

Bottles Amber
COLORADO
Great Divide Amber
Great Divide Wild Raspberry Ale
Belgium
Quintine Amber
Vapeur Cochonne
Mexico
Dos XX
Canada
Maudite
GERMANY
Frankenheim Alt
Schneider Weisse
GREAT BRITAIN
Sam Smith Nut Brown
Sam Smith Pale Ale
Fullers 1845 Bottle Conditioned
UNITED STATES
Allagash Speciale (750)
Dogfishhead Midas Touch (750)
Dogfishhead 90 minute IPA(750)

|Bottles Dark
UNITED STATES
Full Sail Old Boardhead (99)
Hair of the Dog Adam
Hair of the Dog Fred
New Belgium La Folie
Ommegang

BELGIUM
Affligem Double
Chimay Red (750ml, 11.2oz)
Chimay Gr. Reserve (750 ml, 11.2oz)
Corsendonk Brown
Corsendonk Christmas
Kastille Kriek
Rochefort 8 & 10
Westmalle Double
GREAT BRITAIN
A.le Coq Imperial Stout
Harveys Xmas
Sam Smith Imperial Stout
Sam Smith Taddy Porter
Old Peculiar
COLORADO
New Belgium Abbey Grand Cru
HOLLAND
La Trappe Double
CANADA
Unibrew Trois Pistole

My picks are:

Flying Saucer (Fort Worth Location Only)
Gingerman (dallas not fort worth)
Kellys (albuquerque)
Full Sail Tap Room (hood river)
Bridgeport Brew Pub (portland)
Jolly Roger Taproom (Seattle)

Here's the place to go in Las Vegas. The local brewers club, SNAFU (Southern Nevada Ale Fermenters Union) has their monthly meetings there. It's called The Freakin Frog. This is what they have on tap right now:
  • Delirium Tremens Belgian Ale
  • Rouge's Charlie Strong Ale
  • Black Butte Porter
  • Lindeman's Framboise
  • Chimay White
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon Lager
  • Newcastle Brown Ale
  • Cindercone Seasonal Red Ale
  • Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
  • Anchor Steam Ale
  • Pyramid Snow Cap
  • Sprecher Bourbon Barrel
  • Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
  • Old Fog Horn Barley Wine
  • Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat

So I though I would throw this in the mix, might have been mentioned before but...

The Brick Store Pub in Decatur, GA. Probably the best beer bar in the Atlanta area. Now, there are bars that stock more beer (Taco Mac, etc.), but the Brick Store offers more than just beer variety. They cater to the beer loving crowd serving all beer in appropriate glassware, no TVs, no neon, no obnoxious music, and no major domestic beers (not even Sam Adams). They have 2 bars: the main bar (17 rotating drafts and 75 bottles) and the Belgian bar (8 rotating drafts and over 120 bottles).

Here is their current draft list:
BIRRIFICIO CASSISONA
DOGFISH HEAD 90 MINUTE
DRY BLACKTHORN Cider
FRANZISKANER Dunkel Weiss
GUINNESS
HIGHLAND OATMEAL
LAGUNITAS SIRIUS
NORTHCOAST OLD RASPUTIN
REISSDORF
ROGUE "DADDY'S LITTLE HELPER"
SCHNEIDER WEISSE
SWEETWATER IPA
SPATEN Marzen
TERRAPIN INDIA BROWN
VICTORY PRIMA PILS
WEIHENSTEPHANER
DUCHESSE DE BOURGOGNE
GULDEN DRAAK
HOUBLON CHOUFFE DOBBELEN
LA RULLES ESTIVALE
MAREDSOUS 8
SAISON DUPONT
ST.BERNARDUS ABT.12
UNIBROUE BLANCHE DE CHAMBLY

Probably heading their tomorrow night to get a Reissdorf and....who knows what else.

Back