Dumb luck.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakey971

Reaction score
Hey all.

So I was sitting in a little dive bar earlier tonight, and I spotted a corney
keg sitting in the corner. I've really been wanting to start kegging lately.

I was a little tuned up, and made an offer to the bartender.
Obviously, it's not theres to sell but I figured you don't get what you don't ask for.
Just my luck, a coca-cola distributor was bellied up and overheard.

"What the hell do you need one of those for?"

After a little discussion, he told me that he had "millions" of those lying around, and would give me as many as I wanted if I brought one back full for him. :rockin:
Score! I'm thinking about getting 9 or ten and just giving em away/ selling them.

:mug:

Where do you live and how can I get some of these!?!? :) 8 just isn't cutting it...

don't give them away just yet. Wait atleast 6-8 months after you start keggin then decide. Trust me, like women are with shoes, you can never have too many kegs.:mug:

I agree. And remember any 'extras' you have that you think you'll 'never use'... stack them behind the shed out back and you'll find yourself pulling them out to fill them with SOMETHING eventually.

For instance, using a clean, dry keg would be a terrific way to store bulk grains.

+1 for don't give them away until you're sure you don't need them. I have 6 and could use a few more.

Dont give them away +1000000

I'm up to twelve and scheming of was to get more at a lower cost. If the coke man is good to his word, get 40, give him back 3 full, sell 12 to finance your kegerator, and keep 25!! You will not regret that decision!

I think that you should have about 3 times the number of kegs that you kegerator will hold. I have 4 taps and 8 kegs. So by my logic I could use about 4 more.

Right now I am on a brewing rampage but I had to stop because I ran out of room.

Any way I could get into this action? I've been looking into kegging, and if the price is right. I would love to get some of them.

Scott

I currently have 12 of them taking up space in the basement.

Looks like i have my work cut out for me!

:mug:

Back