used valve question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milldoggy

Reaction score
All,
I have a chance to get a few 3 piece balls valves cheap, but they are used and came from a chemical plant. Not sure what chemical though. Should I just pass? I am not worried about the stainless, just the non metal seals. Thoughts?

depends on how cheap, and if you can get replacement seals. if they were really cheap, i might just grab them anyway.

Around 5 each. Any ideas where to find the replacement seals? They typically are teflon, does that asorb chemicals?

At that price? Go for it and replace the seals. Better yet, give me the contact info and I'll take them so you don't have to worry... :D

Got them in today. Turns out they are jamesbury CF8M valves. They pretty darn heavy! Not sure if they are full port or not, but either way, I will use them on my herms which it 1/2 od, so does not really matter. Got 3 for 15.95 shipped.

Just checked, there is an edge in the valve after the thread, but it is the thickness of the wall of a nipple. They weigh 2 lbs. Happy with my find.

Back