Insurance companies replace car seats!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
So i was in a fender bender a week ago, not my fault. I was driving under an overpass and a box truck pulled out five feet in front of me. He had a semitruck causing a blind-spot and just went for it I guess. It was raining and I was able to stop in time to avoid killing myself but i skidded into the truck anyway. minor damage totaling around $3000 to the front drivers side quarter panel, bumper, frame and light. I was able to drive away and had an overall great experience with the Pennsylvania State Police good thing the other company is paying for it. Now, today my wife says:

"Hey, car seats have to be replaced after any accident, check to see if the insurance company will pay for it"

and sure enough, a phone call later I have carte blanche to buy two new car seats and send this certain insurance company the receipts and get fully reimbursed. So We get two new car seats.

Just thought this was valuable information because it is in their policy statements but they don't put that info out there when you file your claim.

I asked about limits on cost: They said there were none- just don't buy one more expensive than your last seat, but how would they know?
This is dependent on you not being at fault in the accident however.

Took me a couple of seconds to realize you meant "child car seats". Yeah. After an accident they have to go. Sorta like a motorcycle helmet, it hits the ground your supposed to get another one.

yeah, haha. I meant child car seats. you live in the world of a parent so long you assume others know what you meant.

Thanks for sharing this; its valuable information. It’s true, some car insurance companies are more forthcoming than other’s; my last one completely neglected to mention that we were eligible for all these discounts. I asked them one day and then they said “Oh yeah! About that...” It’s always better to ask; insurance providers don’t always volunteer such information.

Back