Triumph Brewery, New Hope PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a gift card to this place from a competition. Forgot, maybe $20. So last night the wife and I go to see the fireworks (Excellent!) in town and then walk up to have a couple of beers. Sleazy dude with lots of piercing and ink say there's a $10 cover. No mention of this on their website or Facebook. Walked out. Did I make a mistake? Was this dude just scamming me? Or trying to keep the old folks out?

I've been to the Triumph in Old City Philadelphia, it was awesome! Great beer and great food. We went on a Friday night, no cover, though perhaps if there was live entertainment? Who knows.

Yeah. I'm sure it was a live band thing. I was just whining because I agreed to let my wife dragged me around Lambertville and New Hope with the promise of trying some new beers afterwards. Could have stayed home and drank homebrew (but would have missed the fireworks.)

Are you close to the one on Princeton?
Further than I like to drive after a few beers. New Hope's about a 10 minute drive. Any advantage to the Princeton location?

Trying this on Friday:
Maloney's Pub invites its beer club to celebrate the Garden State's seasonal delicacies and blooming breweries! Join us on Friday evening, August 27nth, at 7:30 p.m., for a four-course dinner. We will be featuring all of New Jerseys's favorite produce, fresh from a local farm in Old Bridge Our favorite Jersey breweries will also be highlighted.
Seats are $35 per person. R.S.V.P. by email. We hope to see you there.

1) NJ Beer Company's Hudson Pale Ale will be served with Corn Chowder (American Pale Ale, 5.8%).
2) Riverhorse's Tripel Horse will compliment an arugala salad topped with blue cheese and pears, tossed in a balsamic vinagrette (Belgian-style Tripel, 11%).
3) Riverhorse's Hopilotumus will be paired with a spicy grilled chicken breast served with a Jersey tomato and corn salad (Imperial I.P.A.)
4) Boaks' Monster Mash will be served with grilled Jersey peaches and vanilla ice bream (Russian Imperial Stout, 10%).

No, I just saw your location was "NJ" and wanted to make sure you were not overlooking a potentially closer location.

I am a big Triumph fan - give them another shot.

My swmbo and I went to this one for Halloween last year... it was fun.
There was a $5 cover charge, but that was because there was a live band.

Tasty food, and their beers are pretty good, although for some reason my stomach feels bloaty and "carbonated" after two pints of their beer.
I'm not sure what causes that.

I prefer the olde city, they tend to have different better beers. I think they aim to please the New Hope crowd with fruitier beers and such. Although theres a couple beers that are supposed to be the same at all locations. There was just a change over of the headbrewer at olde city last week and the new guy seems excited and ready to go with some new brews. He'll be going back and forth between new hope and olde city.

I prefer the olde city, they tend to have different better beers. I think they aim to please the New Hope crowd with fruitier beers and such. Although theres a couple beers that are supposed to be the same at all locations. There was just a change over of the headbrewer at olde city last week and the new guy seems excited and ready to go with some new brews. He'll be going back and forth between new hope and olde city.

A bit of a misnomer, it's spelled Old City. Sorry, not nitpicking, just pointing it out. :)

Ha yes I am quite aware... I just like the old english spelling, adds more flavor to the word

:mug:

new hope crowd and fruitier beers,NOW THATS FUNNY !!!!:mug::mug:

Back