Draughthouse in Austin TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haputanlas

Reaction score
This place is the ****.

Very laid back environment with a cool outdoor area that you can tailgate in.

$2.75 for all pints on Tuesdays and $2.75 for Texas pints on Sundays. Also, free brats on Saturdays.

Beyond that, almost all of the taps are fairly cheap as well.

I guess I forgot to mention that there is a very large selection of craft brew.

:D :mug:

sweet, i will be in austin next week. any suggestions for restaurants i shouldn't pass up? i'm particularly fond of BBQ and tex mex.

I'm a fan of Rudy's and you can find them anywhere in Texas.

However, If you are north you should check out Texas Rib Kings. They have some of the best brisket.

If you are south, you could take the touristy trip to Salt Lick. They are not considered THE BEST, but they are very very good and also very rustic. The best part about The Salt Lick is that it is BYOB. Go to Spec's and pick up some fantastic craft brew and bring it with you to Salt Lick. They will even bring you an ice bucket to keep them cold. This would probably be your best overall experience.

Note that Salt Lick is cash only though.

OMG. I have to go there the next time I'm in Austin!

I went there with Soperbrew when he was still in Texas.

I cried. They had more IPAs on tap than any bar has total beers on tap in my town (which consists of Bud, Budlight, Miller, Miller Light, Coors, Coors Light, and Blue Moon). :(

I thought about moving to Austin...

sweet, i will be in austin next week. any suggestions for restaurants i shouldn't pass up? i'm particularly fond of BBQ and tex mex.

Drive a half hour or so south on 183 and go to City Market in Luling. Best BBQ in Texas.

Drive a half hour or so south on 183 and go to City Market in Luling. Best BBQ in Texas.

Bump.

And pass right through the BBQ capital of Texas, Lockhart? lol

The Draughthouse is so awesome though. I've only been once, but I plan on going more this summer.

Back