Succumbed to the Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_rath

Reaction score
So after listening to everyone say how great the Apfelwein is I decided to take EdWorts advice and make some. There is an orchard/cider house right down the road from me. I got it fresh out of the press and made it today. I just wish I did it sooner so it would be ready for my friends New Years party. :drunk:

Just remember before going to sleep.

649.jpg
+
ozarkagal.bmp

what is the final ABV% of this stuff? :tank: Im looking forward to it. Maybe I will give it to the SWMBO when I want her to do something:D

Also, can this ferment at lager temps? Its in the basement at 58* right now.

Jesse17 said:
Is that because apple has so much fusils in it, or because the abv is high?

It's because it is 8.5% ABV and if you drink it like beer, you will get hammered and dehydrated. :drunk:

The water is for the dehydration and the aspirin is for the headache you're gonna have in the morning. :D

Be Prepared!

g_rath said:
S...I just wish I did it sooner so it would be ready for my friends New Years party. :drunk:

4 weeks until new years, so it should be ready just in time for your party (just drink this batch straight and carb your next batch that you'll start in 2 weeks).

Back