Brew Pot Ruined

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETCS

Reaction score
My father in law was up visiting from the holidays. He's has high blood pressure and the drive up from Maryland made his feet swell, that and the mass amounts of ham he had at Christmas dinner. Anyway....whilst I was away...he decided that he need to soak his feet in cold water....as the wife and I weren't home, he decided that my 10 gallon brew pot (complete with sight glass, thermometer and ball valve) would be good for soaking his big nasty feet.

That pot is dead to me. Not making any "Feet Beer".

You're killing me over here!

"...that and the mass amounts of ham..." F*ckin' priceless!

He'd never hear the end of it but it certainly wouldn't stop me from brewing in it.

I'm sure I can clean it, it's just that every time I look at it, I'll see his big, nasty hammertoes. Next weekend, I'll just drink a lot before I start!!

Reno_eNVy said:
Man a "RichFoot Barleywine"

Or maybe a Funky Saison

WTF. Even if you know nothing about home brewing, you can tell that a big pot is a big pot...as in a piece of kitchen equipment. It ain't for feet.

Time for him to pony up for a blichman for you.

Man o man thats nasty... You'll never look at that kettle the same way again, but kettles are pricey... I'd over clean, sanitize, coat with running alcohol, burn it off, scrub of soot, sanitize.... Blech.. I'd have lost it.

Next time you're at his house, find out which coffee cup/beer mug/soup bowl/etc...
is his fav; then leave a fresh turd in it, with a cherry on top & a little sign on a toothpick that says "reserved for Rich."
Regards, GF.

So you are now...

Stinky Foot Brewery
Rich's Feet Brewery
Mani-Peddi Brewery
FIL Foot Brewery

I can go on :)

Too bad that there is already a Funkworks Brewery in Ft. Collins, CO.

I would just boil a buch of water in it, maybe with some dishsoap and move on.

But I'll give you 25 for it if you insist on being silly about it.

Make it an even 100 and I'll throw in a framed picture of the old guys feet!!!!

I'm sure I can clean it,

Clean it? No way. I'd put cooled wort in there asap and see what grows. Mmmm. Nothing like a wild fermentation. They do crush grapes that way for wine.

Crushing_grapes_gallery__600x400,0.jpg

Back